winter handguards for 06

IMG_20231117_222306643_HDR.jpg

I don't get to ride in snow nor would i due to the slip hazard,here in Tassie. Has anyone mentioned heated clothing? I would think that maintaining your core temp well, the peripheral areas of the body might not get so cold. Gotta say, heated bars and seat are very nice. 🇦🇺

I don't get to ride in snow nor would i due to the slip hazard,here in Tassie. Has anyone mentioned heated clothing? I would think that maintaining your core temp well, the peripheral areas of the body might not get so cold. Gotta say, heated bars and seat are very nice. 🇦🇺
So where I live, the lowest temps here are between 20-12F (-11 - -7C). I have been riding in sub-freezing temps for quite a while now but until now I have been riding an ADV bike with nice handguards, fairings, and an adjustable windshield. Wearing my "standard" cold weather outfit has kept me perfectly warm into the low 30s F (0 C) on the rocket but my hands are what is killing me. I ride 45 min to 1 hr each way to work and the first 20-30 min I am fine. Its that back half that really starts to wear on me. Adding the barkbusters and hippohands REALLY helped to ride in the 40s F (4 C). Im probably going to grab a pair of heated gloves and I should be good to go.

Back