slick rick

Supercharged
Ride
06 tribal - 13 roadster
Hey Tune gurus, specifically you, Hanso, 'Shorty', my stock standard '13 R3R, with the Carp Brute pipe now on it, needs a tune.Popping loud enuff to sound like a gunfight in downtown Baghdad. I am not allowed to use my PCV, warranty issue with dealer, but will add triple KnN's later, which is ok, according to same dealer.Got my tune ecu cable ready which also is an 'issue' but wot the hell,can't be 'traced', can it?

That weird !!!! ...... Rick ..... when I bought my 08 Std in 2010 my dealer said no problem with power commander as it does not actually do anything to ECU but TuneBoy was No No (TuneECU was at that stage not released yet) he said that because the PC only intercepted the Fuel signals and changed them with out changing anything in ECU that triumph would not have problem. Every time you load a tune or do anything via TuneECU or Tune Boy it does register in the ECU and the connection history can be read (not sure if tells what has been done but it can see that something has been going on by the Triumph Computer in workshop. I would Ring Chris at Triumph Aust' on 03 9381 9772 and ask him about the PCV + AT and tell him you will be running AFR's (if you plan to run my AFR Table Map) which are richer than stock so will not make it run Lean and cause damage

It seems more likely that your warranty would be voided by running triple filters and an aftermarket exhaust because all of the stock tunes would run too lean with them. You can always uninstall the PC before you bring it in.

My pcv was tuned by Bob Carpenter for 'Pony'........can I also run it on ' Shorty'?
Rick the fueling map is for the big cams so it would probably be rich. You should save a copy of it then e-mail Bob and see if he has ever done a PCV map on a stocker. I know he did one for the touring but I am not sure if it will work. I am guessing it might.

That weird !!!! ...... Rick ..... when I bought my 08 Std in 2010 my dealer said no problem with power commander as it does not actually do anything to ECU but TuneBoy was No No (TuneECU was at that stage not released yet) he said that because the PC only intercepted the Fuel signals and changed them with out changing anything in ECU that triumph would not have problem. Every time you load a tune or do anything via TuneECU or Tune Boy it does register in the ECU and the connection history can be read (not sure if tells what has been done but it can see that something has been going on by the Triumph Computer in workshop. I would Ring Chris at Triumph Aust' on 03 9381 9772 and ask him about the PCV + AT and tell him you will be running AFR's (if you plan to run my AFR Table Map) which are richer than stock so will not make it run Lean and cause damage
Hans, just spoke to Chris. All good to run your tune, didn't want me to use the A/T tho. I wasn't going to anyway, so no biggie. I will get Pedro on the case, have to do what Warp suggests,down load current pc5 map, as well as add new map, yours.I may as well throw the triple KnNs on too.

you would need to run an Auto Tune module as my Map is a set of AFR's for the Auto Tune to follow

Back