Does anyone else have this Shorty exhaust?

doglanta

.020 Over
I am looking to see if anyone else has this Shorty exhaust? I just received mine and would like to know how anyone else who has it has it set up? I know the details for the exhaust says that no special tuning is needed but I would be interested in hearing what actual owners have found. I will be removing my TOR's and have a Tuneboy so any information for setup would be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Ken

I have looked at that

Sorry mate no answers only questions. I have drooled at this one since i first saw it. But concerned about passenger pegs, in my case floorboards do you think in traffic her feet would get hot? I hope you post about the sound, I bet it sounds awesome. I really like the look ahhhh simplicity, clean very nice. But my concern is the ol' ladies feet for sure. Please keep us updated. Congradulations on the purchase really looks like a nozzle cone on rocket engine.

I am looking to see if anyone else has this Shorty exhaust? I just received mine and would like to know how anyone else who has it has it set up? I know the details for the exhaust says that no special tuning is needed but I would be interested in hearing what actual owners have found. I will be removing my TOR's and have a Tuneboy so any information for setup would be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Ken

If ya want to get rid of them TORS,
I'll be glad to take them off your hands.
One more thing,
When you go into the dealer to get the exhaust gasket you'll need to get,
Make sure they order the right one.
There is 2 different sizes.
The one to fit the three mufflers and the one to fit the header,
They look the same, but they're different believe me.

Last edited:
Shorty exhaust

Hi,
Thanks for the replies. It is kind of cold out today so I may wait until next weekend before I install the exhaust. I have a new exhaust for my 2007 Speed Triple to install also which I may do first as it already came with a new tune designed for it and Tuneboy. I will post my opinions and observations once I start the install on the Rocket.

Hellwalker- I will let you know about the heat on the feet although someone who already has this system may reply before I get my system installed.

TxRIIIRider- Yep, it was a little pricey but I just like the way it looks.

XHDSKIP- I will let you know about the TOR's after I get this Shorty on the bike. The exhaust came with a gasket so hopefully I am all set.

Scot In Exile- I would LOVE to hear from Tony, hopefully he can let me know his setup. If you are from Scotland, what part? I spent a week driving through Scotland last year from Inverness to Edinburgh and was amazed at how beautiful the country was and how nice the people were. Now if I could just figure out what the heck they were saying..... Let me know the next time you will be in the area.

I have porked a few Irish girls in my time but I am the real McCoy 100% true blue Scottish, never mind Skip for he is always trying to look up under my kilt.
Did you cross over the Forth Road Bridge(looks like the golden gate bridge) when you were in Edinburgh if so you were then in my territory the Kingdom of Fife. I was born and raised about fourteen miles from the old course in StAndrews in one of the five new towns in Scotland called Glenrothes.

Back