Shocking Experience

Jamie

Do you have that website address for the Wilbers shocks? I tried but came up with some "writing" course.

Currently I am in Dubai waiting for the bus at 9 pm (less than two hours away, which would be noon CST my "home" time) to get me to the madhouse that is the Dubai International airport so that I can leave here 5 minutes after midnight.

Won't be long now, this time tomorrow night I'll be about ready to fly out of Memphis to Pensacola. Can't wait to see my wife and son tomorrow and all I need to do is find a ride out to the dealer to pick up my "beast" of burden (at least till I lose a little more weight).

I probably won't be hitting the website anymore till tomorrow night after I get home, I'll let you guys know I got home safe.
Dennis
Zero day!

Went with 440 standard duty. Found them at www.onestopmoto.com for $425. I think that's close to $100 off what most other sites are listing them at.

ME HAPPY:) :) :) !

Thanks for the input guys. I just wanted to assure myself that the ride would be right for my weight, which is right in the middle as far as the guy from Progressive stated for standard duty 440's (150 to 200 lbs.).

Won't be here for the trip to Memphis this weekend but next ride they will get broke in. Hoping my butt (and the rest of me) will stand up to 10 hours with the stockers beneath me. Highway isn't going to be too bad, just gotta watch out for that occational skunk, possum, coon, Arkansas armadillo, etc.

See ya.

How come none one likes the stock shocks? I weigh 150 my girl friend weighs less (thought I'd tell didn't you) and I run the stock on the #2 setting and have no problems.

Because they are crap , especially when you try and force the pace

So there you go Paul. I'm not sure what forcing the pace means. Maybe, being $^&*$# in the twisties? I'm probably close to being over weight (wifey calls me, fat ass). And I have the skinny ***** :p ride along occasionally. So, at around 350# mol, the stock shocks work just fine for me. And when the ***** falls off the load is down by 115. And they still suit me. Although, most everyone says upgrading the shocks is the first thing to do. But now that I've been informed that my choice is crap I mite reconsider, not.

She really doesn't insult me using such short sentences.

I weigh in at around 210, and i thought the stockers did fine for me. I may be a bit biased though, having rode around on a wore out ole' shovehead for close to twenty years. I am looking at the 418's due to the fact that have a rebound adjustment which should help quell rear end lift during burnouts! Bigern P<S> That One Stop Moto place is dirt cheap on their prices...even free shipping! How can they sell 440's for $245 less than factory direct from Progressive?

Last edited:
Wilbers cont'd

Yes, it's Wilbers' US address. BTW, I am in the process (i.e. today) of changing the front fork springs to Wilbers progressive springs. Not cheap (100 Euros or US$ 135 a pair for a single purchase qty of 10 pairs) but those within my Rocket Club who've installed them are very pleased with them. Best. Jamie

Wilbers not cheap

At $1,299 (plus tax/shipping???) these aren't cheap, I may pass on the Wilbers and just go Progressive when I think the OEM's need to be replaced.
Dennis

Back