Shifting - recommended revs

During weekend I did my first 1000 km on my GT. Here is my experience:
1. Handling: I expect something better than on classic cruiser, but is much more better. Confidence in curves, perfect on straight roads. I did not detected any ABS or TC intervention. We had one hour small rain, no slip detected, but I drove reasonably carefully.
2. Braking: Uncomparable to cruisers. No problem, even I did not tried the emergency braking.
3. Comfort: Very good. Just after 500 km I felt tired, but we had here arounf 30C, so the heat did it's job too.
4. Wind: Amost no problem, only on highway. So and so, windshield will go off.
5. Heat from engine: Huge. Also the plastic cover of tools was burning. I will put the exhaust wrap under the protection.
6. Backrest: By every getting on and off the bike I kicked the backrest. It must go off. Again, if is here somebody from middle Europe, I will be happy to change the backrest for R-fillers with him or buy the fillers from R.
7. Room for accessories: Bad luck, only for 1st aid kit under seat. No space for disc lock of anything else. Please help! I don't want tankbags.
8. Fuel: I followed the sticker, first maybe 200km to 3000RPM, then higher, time to time, not for long. Some mountain passes and lot of curves and shifting, then highway. Final after 1000km is 6,6 l/100km. On full tank I did 250km, now it writes that I should/could do 300. I expected worse. Bad is the price of petrol in EU, almost 2 euro/liter is ugly.
9. Power: What to say, you know it better. I had for now 2 strong experiences. First between between 2500 and 3500 RPMs at beginning, so strong pull forward. Second between 4000 and 5000 RPM's, what is insane pull forward. I was not higher, I follow sticker rules and have fear from it too.
10. Sport mode: I set it only for a while, then decided, that is hat time to sleep before first real use.

I am very happy from the bike!

I have installed a small tank bag at the rear of my GT.
Easy to install, lock and remove.

Sacoche porte paquet 2.jpg Sacoche porte paquet 3.jpg Sacoche porte paquet 4.jpg Sacoche porte paquet 6.jpg Sacoche porte paquet 5.jpg Sacoche porte paquet 7.jpg
I have the Triumph bag attached to the rack like this, but if I were to do it over again I would go this route. I like how easy it is to remove and re-attach. :thumbsup:

Back