Seat release probs

Honestly, I've never had issues getting the Classic seat off; but, I still struggle with getting it back on. The technique to do so is effective just not always immediately effective:( Holding yer mouth right helps and bad language is optional:)

Flip

I haven't tried that yet...with the zip tie and you are probably right with the Triumph bags. But with the beetle bags it was pretty straight forward and came right off. I imagine the zip tie solution may be a little easier on the paint if I get a heavy enough one so that I can get a good tug on it.
Dennis

Dennis:

I used a Thomas Betts Catamount black nylon zip tie. They are really heavy duty, about twice as thick as the box store ones. Any reputable electrical jobber sells Thomas Betts.

Catamount ties are reusable. There is a little tongue in the eye that engages the teeth on the tie. If you want to release it you just take a pointed object and lift the tongue. It releases the tie.

This outfit sells them online.....http://www.youdoitelectronics.com/id763.htm

Al'sister - you see where this has led...sandwhich bags, no less:D Next thing will be Pianoman's make-up, BusaJack's sheep' color choice, or Flips panty change frequency. But any of them can be freeze dried and stored in your paniers or under the Classic seat, if you can get it off;)

Al'sister - you see where this has led...sandwhich bags, no less:D Next thing will be Pianoman's make-up, BusaJack's sheep' color choice, or Flips panty change frequency. But any of them can be freeze dried and stored in your paniers or under the Classic seat, if you can get it off;)

*laughs*

Really, the topic cohesion isn't any worse than the two forums I run, and another I moderate.

Oddly enough, it kinda follows my normal train of thought. Wonder if one's mind is supposed to skip tracks like that?

Anyhow... I solved the little problem of getting to that pull-ring. Went to the hardware store and bought a couple feet of wire rope, the same size as what's used on that ring, and small-gauge flexible nylon tubing. Made a longer pull-cord, slipped the tubing over one end and made a loop of it using the supplied brass coupler. Now I've got a longer, more accessible pull-cord, and the nylon won't damage the paint.

Only, I've got a foot and a half of extra wire rope.

Alister:

I like your signature line. It reminds me of what I should have done to my ex-wife.:D

I could never be a moderator on any forum. I still forget to flush the toilet though I do lift the lid.:D

Thanks! I saw it in the same said hardware store I mentioned earlier; thought it'd be great here.

And yeah... modding can be kind of a pain in the tailpipe, all right. There always seems to be an abundance of stereotypical teenage know-it-alls, ready to fly off the handle at the drop of a hat. For the most part, though... it's pretty fun. I enjoy helping newcomers find what they need, show 'em what needs to be done for some things, and it's a good way to make a few friends online.

Back