I know this (SEAT QUESTION) has been asked before......

Rick Morris

"Have you seen Junior's grades?"
Ride
2011 Rocket III Roadster
I have a 2011 Roadster. I have considered a Touring Bike for the past two years. But I absolutely love this bike. However I need to make it more comfortable for my bride. I understand that this has been discussed here before but I have never seen a good solution. I am looking for the best all day touring seat that will actually fit on the 2011 Roadster and a taller / wider back rest. I have a Corbin Gunslinger solo seat so I can go single when need be.

I have been looking at Touring Bikes but I cannot get myself to give up this Triumph. This is the first bike I have owned this long. It is also the first bike I have not wanted to sell to upgrade. Actually I do not see a bike in the market that can deliver what my R3R delivers. So even the new Yamaha may be a disappointment.

So I need your help. I am pretty clear that a Touring seat will not fit on a Roadster so an aftermarket is in order.

Does anyone have some solid advice on a comfortable two up all day saddle for a 2011 Rocket Roadster?

Hey, Rick!

Russel Day Long custom is the belle o' the ball. their website is down, however here's a little background plus another option: our-story

The Longhaul Touring saddle by Triumph is just OK, though the backrests are great. That would be primo seat to send to RDL for customization.

Mustang came out with RIII saddles a few years back, but the feedback I've gotten on them is "Meh"

Triumph Rocket III Touring Seats from Pure-Triumph.com

Some other ideas in this thread: Dual long haul seat

To touring convert an R3.

Russel Day long seat
Big screen
Forward controls that replace engine bars
Rivco risers
Thunder bars
Grip heaters
Utopia backrest if the russel rest isn’t enough

Not sure how much more couch like you could make it than that!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my Corbin Dual Tour.
1x 12 hour day and 1x 8 hour day(including gas and food stops) from Houston to Miami.

Had I not needed fuel for the bike and myself, and some sleep. I probably could have ridden it straight. Never felt uncomfortable.

I am heading the same route as you with my R3R. Only I want a proper flickable hooligan bike for commuting.

I have a 2011 Roadster. I have considered a Touring Bike for the past two years. But I absolutely love this bike. However I need to make it more comfortable for my bride. I understand that this has been discussed here before but I have never seen a good solution. I am looking for the best all day touring seat that will actually fit on the 2011 Roadster and a taller / wider back rest. I have a Corbin Gunslinger solo seat so I can go single when need be.

I have been looking at Touring Bikes but I cannot get myself to give up this Triumph. This is the first bike I have owned this long. It is also the first bike I have not wanted to sell to upgrade. Actually I do not see a bike in the market that can deliver what my R3R delivers. So even the new Yamaha may be a disappointment.

So I need your help. I am pretty clear that a Touring seat will not fit on a Roadster so an aftermarket is in order.

Does anyone have some solid advice on a comfortable two up all day saddle for a 2011 Rocket Roadster?
The cheap solution for the wife- "ButtyBuddy" over the stock pax seat. Use it only when needed, easy to install/ remove. The tall OEM backrest also works well.

I've thought long and hard which is why I knew exactly what I would use. Someday, when my neck will no longer tolerate just the Angry screen and I've gotten my sub 9.5 1/4 time slip, I'll likely make some comfort concessions. Until then, naked as she goes!!

Yeah forgot to mention suspension (not Wilber’s or ohlins for a touring modification), something like 444s or one of the companies that builds to order and will fit a little softer spring.

I have a 2011 Roadster. I have considered a Touring Bike for the past two years.
This my 2009. I have made one or two tiny changes (I no longer run a car tyre) since but........

full-ITG.jpeg

You must get the seat to feet positioning correct for you. This depends on your physique. The Roadster (post 2010) pegs are a nice neutral position imo. If you are at the taller end of the scale than the earlier pegs may suit you better - Boards are better (imo) but there are two versions: the Classic - pictured above) and a conversion kit set which are higher and further forward. Some of the forward controls are VERY stretched out. I would not reach them.

Decide on foot position then get a seat made to put your bum in the right place.

Then sit on bike and get a set of handlebars that fit to where you want them to be. I have a Triumph seat with backrest but the seat itself is very altered inside.
Note that a change of bars will very likely mean new cables and hoses.

Suspension. DO NOT FORGET THE FORKS. Rear is very much a question of taste. If you do the forks get rears to match. Though as indicated before I would put FOURNALES on a touring ride.

Screen will be a must where it is cold and wet. I use Hand protectors - thus avoiding the need for heated grips. BUT there is a chance these will increase bar-end turbulence (depending on the bars) and can make the steering feel a bit light. Just saying.

Expect to have to do some fine tuning.

Also (imo) keep the engine tune fairly tame near cruising speeds. I keep 5th gear a bit less zappy than 4th.

Back