I know this (SEAT QUESTION) has been asked before......

I love my Corbin Dual Tour.
1x 12 hour day and 1x 8 hour day(including gas and food stops) from Houston to Miami.

Had I not needed fuel for the bike and myself, and some sleep. I probably could have ridden it straight. Never felt uncomfortable.

I am heading the same route as you with my R3R. Only I want a proper flickable hooligan bike for commuting.
Thanks for the seat review. I am struggling with what to do. I do not want to butcher my Roadster at all. I love it solo with the Corbin solo seat I have for it. It truly is a HOOLIGAN thing. But I dont want to spend a boatload of money on a touring only bike. I almost traded the Rocket last month when the new Z900RS showed up at my dealer. The problem is I do need a weekend getaway (tour) bike. And I am getting older. The struggle is real man!

Thanks for the seat review. I am struggling with what to do. I do not want to butcher my Roadster at all. I love it solo with the Corbin solo seat I have for it. It truly is a HOOLIGAN thing. But I dont want to spend a boatload of money on a touring only bike. I almost traded the Rocket last month when the new Z900RS showed up at my dealer. The problem is I do need a weekend getaway (tour) bike. And I am getting older. The struggle is real man!

Sorry I misunderstood your intentions.

For me, I too love my Roadster, but I am not comfortable splitting lanes on it in Miami. So I added crash bars and bags with ez brackets.

I have never had anyone pillion on the Dual Tour, but it looks comfy to me.

An option would be to see what @canecorso can come up with for the stock pillion. You may end up with something more comfortable and cheaper than buying a premade.

On my Roadster I decided this time no b*tch seat for anyone and that even includes the wife unit! Even went as far as to remove the rear pegs and capped them with some Union Jack thingy. Replaced the stock seat with a Corbin Fastgun Solo. I just got tired of when I took someone how it changed the whole riding dynamic. Each to his own I guess.

I have always had solo seats and call this, "Hooray for me & F**k you!"

To touring convert an R3.

Russel Day long seat
Big screen
Forward controls that replace engine bars
Rivco risers
Thunder bars
Grip heaters
Utopia backrest if the russel rest isn’t enough

Not sure how much more couch like you could make it than that!
Claviger, i agree. Sounds almost like my exact set up. Russell, rivco, utopia, etc.
Good choices! Enjoy...

I have a 2014 Rocket III Roadster and have the Russell Day Long seat. This is the second Russell seat I have owned. Before the Rocket I had a 2010 Triumph Thunderbird and replaced the stock seat with a Russell Day Long. On both bikes stock seats my wife and I couldn't ride more than 50 miles before feeling discomfort. The Russell seat solved all of this. Best seat I have ever owned you truly can go all day. Now you said that you can't find a seat from Russell for your Rocket. You send Russell, daylong.com, pictures of yourself on the bike along with other information. YOU THEN SEND THEM YOUR STOCK SEAT AND THEY BUILD YOUR NEW SEAT ON YOUR STOCK SEAT PAN. I had my seat and the pillion both done. They are a little expensive but well worth the money. If I ever get rid of my Rocket, although not likely, I would not hesitate to purchase another Russell Day Long seat. Go for it you won't be disappointed.

If you do decide on a different bike consider the R3T touring model. I love mine and the wife and I have done up to 800 miles in a day, more than I can do in my new pick up truck! We normally do 400 miles at a stretch as its easy. Its been a great TOURING bike with the touring seat and backrest. I like the roadster and understand your dilemma , unfortunately there is not ONE bike that can do everything.

So I guess I wasn't exactly clear with my question. And for some reason someone changed the title to the post. I am looking for a great all day long touring style seat for a 2011 Roadster. i am not looking to turn my Roadster into a touring bike. I just need a seat that will make my lovely bride that is determined to ride on my bike more comfortable. I continue looking at touring bikes for this reason. However I am in no way looking to sell or change my Roadster into a touring bike. I have come to love this bike too much to butcher it. I love it the way it is. I can run it hard into the twisties, I can drag race with it. I can burn down the interstate with ease.

I was just looking for some real good advice and feedback from anyone that has done what I am looking to do. I did look at the Russell Day Long seats but they do not show one for the Roadster. Also Mustang does not list a tour seat for a Roadster. I do see the Corbin Dual Tour listed. And WyldCFH had a positive comment on that seat. I see that Claviger mentions the Day Long and I believe he has a 2016 Roadster? Perhaps I will reach out to him for his review.

Thanks for your input,

Rick
I really like my Corbin but some people think it’s too hard. If you want to get a perfect seat, let Russel Day Runner fix your stocker. You’ll be happy with it.

So I guess I wasn't exactly clear with my question. And for some reason someone changed the title to the post. I am looking for a great all day long touring style seat for a 2011 Roadster. i am not looking to turn my Roadster into a touring bike. I just need a seat that will make my lovely bride that is determined to ride on my bike more comfortable. I continue looking at touring bikes for this reason. However I am in no way looking to sell or change my Roadster into a touring bike. I have come to love this bike too much to butcher it. I love it the way it is. I can run it hard into the twisties, I can drag race with it. I can burn down the interstate with ease.

I was just looking for some real good advice and feedback from anyone that has done what I am looking to do. I did look at the Russell Day Long seats but they do not show one for the Roadster. Also Mustang does not list a tour seat for a Roadster. I do see the Corbin Dual Tour listed. And WyldCFH had a positive comment on that seat. I see that Claviger mentions the Day Long and I believe he has a 2016 Roadster? Perhaps I will reach out to him for his review.

Thanks for your input,

Rick
Russell Daylong seats are expensive and IMHO butt ugly (pun intended). If you are looking to keep a stockish look, I'd contact @canecorso about making something custom from the stock seat. Maybe a little wider, with the medical gel he uses.

Russell seats are not the best looking but WOW your A_ _ will really appreciate it on those long rides. While others are squirming in their seats you will be smiling ear to ear. Most comfortable seat I have ever owned as I am on my second Russell Day Long seat. I'll take comfort over beauty any day regarding my motorcycle seat.

Back