I know this (SEAT QUESTION) has been asked before......

What about this as an option? Motorcycle Seats by ButtyBuddy, Best Motorcycle Seat Pads & Cushions - Look at the suction cup kit option. I have no idea what they're really like - The name I find a bit odd - as UK riders know a "butty" is something very different.
That actually looks like it may be a good option. And for $135.00 I think I may order that today. If it doesn't work out they have a 30 day return policy. Thanks for the advice. You are the second person to recommend this option.

If you do decide on a different bike consider the R3T touring model. I love mine and the wife and I have done up to 800 miles in a day, more than I can do in my new pick up truck! We normally do 400 miles at a stretch as its easy. Its been a great TOURING bike with the touring seat and backrest. I like the roadster and understand your dilemma , unfortunately there is not ONE bike that can do everything.
I am keeping the Roadster no matter what I decide to do. I have considered a R3T. I really love the Roadster so I feel a Touring would be a great addition. I have had some discussions with some of the guys here in the past about adding a full Fairing and tour pak and I have seen some nice examples of what I would like to do.

That actually looks like it may be a good option. And for $135.00 I think I may order that today. If it doesn't work out they have a 30 day return policy. Thanks for the advice. You are the second person to recommend this option.
I will be interested to see photos whatever you decide.

So far Leatal & Barbagris have mentioned the ButtyBuddy option. That appears to be a good economy minded option. They have a good 30 day return policy so I think I am ordering this today.

Now for question # 2. I have the short backrest / sissy bar on the bike now. But I think the taller one is in order to make this a more comfortable ride for the bride. It appears that Triumph no longer offers the taller sissy bar. Do any of you know if the quick disconnect sissy bar from the Touring bike will fit the Roadster. Or does anyone have a taller sissy bar they would like to sell?

Back