Saddlebag Options for Occasional Use

Looks to me like you have mounted a mount to your Easy Brackets - WHY???
I re-welded my stainless connector between the header collector and the muffler so that it tucked in closer and lower (Axle bolt near top of muffler} and allowed large bags.
I run the River Road XL inexpensive bags.
Those in the pix look way to far from the fender and bodacious, IMHO.

@TasRocketRider Do you happen to have any pictures of your setup?

M8,

My profile pic is representative of my get up loaded up at St Kilda waiting to return home via the ferry from Port Melbourne to Tasmania after a strop on the big island. Can take a few more pics less encumbered if it assists?

BTW I am old school & love bungy cords...………..

Cheers S

M8,

My profile pic is representative of my get up loaded up at St Kilda waiting to return home via the ferry from Port Melbourne to Tasmania after a strop on the big island. Can take a few more pics less encumbered if it assists?

BTW I am old school & love bungy cords...………..

Cheers S

Until one snaps up into your eye detaching a retina.:thumbsdown: :(
Rok straps are the only way to go, IMHO!

I have one bag on mine, and that gives me just enough room to carry a six pack and a fifth "LoL" Be Safe!

Thank god we are all different in this community except for BEER!! Yeap, I normally bury a couple of long necks in my bags for safe keeping after a good day on the road. Sacrifice to the Road Gods is how I justify it!! Plus it normally helps wash down a good steak.

Looks to me like you have mounted a mount to your Easy Brackets - WHY???
I re-welded my stainless connector between the header collector and the muffler so that it tucked in closer and lower (Axle bolt near top of muffler} and allowed large bags.
I run the River Road XL inexpensive bags.
Those in the pix look way to far from the fender and bodacious, IMHO.

Well, I thought I'd see what it would look like using both - that way I wouldn't have to put any additional holes in the bags.

Now, I'm wondering if I should just mount the easy brackets directly to the bags, adding additional holes. Alternatively, I could buy different bags and sell my current setup - in which case I probably shouldn't add any more holes to the ones I have. I just can't find any I like that don't cost an arm and a leg.

I feel like the triumph bags I have don't really match the overall look of my bike. I'd like to find ones with less "bling".

Well, I thought I'd see what it would look like using both - that way I wouldn't have to put any additional holes in the bags.

Now, I'm wondering if I should just mount the easy brackets directly to the bags, adding additional holes. Alternatively, I could buy different bags and sell my current setup - in which case I probably shouldn't add any more holes to the ones I have. I just can't find any I like that don't cost an arm and a leg.

I feel like the triumph bags I have don't really match the overall look of my bike. I'd like to find ones with less "bling".

Watch ebay. Every once in awhile some really nice bags pop up for a good price. I'd been looking for saddlebags for my BMW R1200C when I found the below bags for $149 plus about $40 shipping. They cost close to a thousand bucks new. I saw some other very interesting stuff posted for sale during my search.

Attachments

• Leather Saddlebags.JPG
    Leather Saddlebags.JPG
    252.5 KB · Views: 0
Watch ebay. Every once in awhile some really nice bags pop up for a good price. I'd been looking for saddlebags for my BMW R1200C when I found the below bags for $149 plus about $40 shipping. They cost close to a thousand bucks new. I saw some other very interesting stuff posted for sale during my search.

That's great advice. I need more patience!

Known a few bags in my time!! The conical air filter set up looks interesting and clean lines, wonder if it breaths enough?

On the subject of saddle bags, run solo too with a Fehling chrome rack and chuck soft bags over, clip them on using web straps, stuff them and ride far. Work fine and inexpensive option.
Masses of nice Triumph R3 customs here
Triumph Rocket Bobber – Motorrad Bild Idee

Photo by a lucky bastard Ugo Martens :D
Ugo Martens - Google Search

solid-performance-and-looks-roadster-with-Triumph-Rocket-Bobber-solid-performance-and-looks-triumph-rocket-iii-roadster-bonneville-bobber-review-top-speed.jpg

Last edited:
Back