Run Turn Brake Controller and LED's

crazyman

Supercharged
I want to install the Kuryakyn Run Turn Brake controller (Universal kit). I've done it before on my other bikes. I plan to replace the turn signal bulbs with either red bulbs or LED's. I also want to hook up some LED strips on the hard bags.

My question is: Does the R3T have 1156 or 1157 Turn Signal bulbs ?

I've searched through the forums already.

I've thought of just using the regular red bulbs, but I haven't been able to determine which ones to use (1156/1157) . Maybe I'm confused. The difference between single filament bulbs vs. dual filament I thought, was that duals are able to be on all the time (as running lights and turn signals).

So which is the correct one ?

Thanks

The stock turn signals use single filament bulbs. I think they are smaller than the 1156/1157 size. I do know the tail light is an 1157.

I want to install the Kuryakyn Run Turn Brake controller (Universal kit). I've done it before on my other bikes. I plan to replace the turn signal bulbs with either red bulbs or LED's. I also want to hook up some LED strips on the hard bags.

My question is: Does the R3T have 1156 or 1157 Turn Signal bulbs ?

I've searched through the forums already.

I've thought of just using the regular red bulbs, but I haven't been able to determine which ones to use (1156/1157) . Maybe I'm confused. The difference between single filament bulbs vs. dual filament I thought, was that duals are able to be on all the time (as running lights and turn signals).

So which is the correct one ?

Thanks

Bikebandit doesn't help much either

2008 Triumph Motorcycle Parts for ROCKET III TOURING, Electrical - Rear Indicators

Can you pull the bulb and see what it says or how many elements?

they are not 1156 or 1157 I tried to put in 1156 by cutting down the barb on one side of the bulb it would fit but for some reason when I put in all 4 they would not work however 2 and even 3 would. I believe 7506 will work however locally I can only find them in amber. The true bulb thats made for the bike I can not find anywhere even online.

Yep, I'm also looking for a high quality replacement for that bulb and cannot locate any outlet for it besides Triumph. Rear is 1157.

The R3T turn signal bulb is a Philips 12v RY10W / 12093. That's what was printed very very very small on the bulb.

I tried locating some online, no luck. Apparently, Triumph is using bulbs that Vespas have. That bulb is not too common.

It was suggested to use an LED cluster that would replace a PY21W bulb. Provided it will fit in the housing.

Grrrrrrr, why does something so simple have to be so complicated.:mad:

More info:

The BAU15s stem type is also used in BMW mc's. Similar to the ones used in the R3T.

Here's a link:

http://www.ledlight.com/s25-24-led-light$-bau15s.aspx

I think I'll try these and hope they work.

Does anybody know how that works with the stock brake being a dual filament?
Is there a component you have to add or will the current electrical system (low volt and high volt) work for run and brake?

mutt

Back