BlackSails

Where'd all the tread go?
Ride
2014 R3T
Having seen Jake Shaw's beautiful King Pack that he added to his 2014 Touring, along with my long time desire vision of adding a hard trunk had inspired me to do the same. My wife got me a XFMT King Tour Pack Trunk w rear speakers, LED Turn Run Brake light bar, luggage rack etc. It came in black & I have lined it up for paint. Purchased a rack that is currently out for paint. And so I have assembled everything & have the light bar working except for the turn signals. There are 5 wires coming from the light bar. 1. Ground, 2. all lights lit on low (running), Brake (lights the center of the light bar), Left brake, Right brake. I've hooked them up to my parts bike (which by the way I'll be selling parts from - let me know what you need and i'll tell you whats available - Kevin Frazier, your in the best position to take advantage being in Nashville) and the running and brake light work. The turn signals do not however. Though I can get them to light by splicing into a turn connection on the right side of the bike - pos to L turn on the bar and neg to the light bars neg wire but it doesn't flash, they only light up when I hold the switch to the left. (I do have the instruments plugged in and the bikes halogen bulbs do blink). In any case I have purchased resistors after much reading through the forum I chose a pair at 10ohm 25w. I haven't gotten them yet, and I'm not certain they're correct as I couldn't find much by reading as to what the proper wattage should be. I really want to work out the wiring prior to getting the trunk back from paint. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Back