Don't know where I got it from but it was in Dec 07

'07? Someone must have got wind of the Tourer package coming out and, in a massive display of optimism, drew what they assumed it would look like. They well and truly overestimated Triumph's foresight. What a shame.

2 things wrong with that "concept". First all the engine heat looks like it would be directed towards the rider; great in the winter but an absolute suck-fest in the summer. Rockets run hot, no way around that.

2nd how much would such a beast cost? Our bikes are a niche machine, the touring even moreso. Probably not enough projected sales to justify that polished a bike. The cost per unit would be brutal.

**** gorgeous concept though.

I wouldn't want one either but as a tourer to compete with BMW, Goldwing etc this would have been a nice option in addition to or instead of the R3T.

My bike ' IS A TOURER ' i have done 96,000 klms on my R3 since 2009 .. i've been to every state and territory in the country on it. Probably done twice as many klms as most BMW'S or Goldwings of a similar age. Done back to back 1,000 klm days on heaps of occasions. Bikes don't have to look like a f#ckin space ship to be able to tour on them. The whole ' Touring Bike ' thing .. bike has to have as many comforts as a car is just a wank in my opinion.

Triumph is doing a lot of direct copying BMW as of late. Even though this is an old concept, maybe something like this is coming? I mean the new Triumph Trophy is a direct copy of the BMW R1200RT, except for the engine.. The Tiger Explorer, BMW R1200GS.. Tiger 800, BMW F800GS.. etc.

Back