Rocket Monster mods finally done

LOOKS great those TURBO projects are time consuming and complicated CARPENTER did the streamliner engines and is now working on the street system for the ROCKET owners that want to go to the MOON LOL

Thanks Art. Really looking forward to final numbers, details and pics of the completed turbo Carpenter R3. Don't hold out on us! Very cool that Bob decided to offer that kind of package.

Last edited:
Very sweet craftsmanship!
I see that you went to see Nels the guru!!!
Anxious to see your dyno sheet.

Thanks Steve. Yep, Nels is the Man! We're lucky to have him in this neck of the woods. He actually loaded your tune in my ECU and tweaked around it. Fastest way to put the timing back to stock and then adjust it with the ignition module.

Anxious to actually go on one of your annual rides. I think I may be finally ready next summer. Will be the summer of riding and not wrenching... hopefully.

Looks great! Really like the rear fendet too. Now put the wrenches away and ride! Oh wait, your in WA. I dont intentionally ride in the rain. Not sure about you, but don't think you want that thing spooling up on a slippery surface.

You know it. This bike does not see rain. Ever. We've had an extended riding season up here this year but I think last weekend was pretty much it. Parked for the winter now.

Last edited:
Thanks Steve. Yep, Nels is the Man! We're lucky to have him in this neck of the woods. He actually loaded your tune in my ECU and tweaked around it. Fastest way to put the timing back to stock and then adjust it with the ignition module.

Anxious to actually go on one of your annual rides. I think I may be finally ready next summer. Will be the summer of riding and not wrenching... hopefully.

I be honored my tune was helpful to you guys.
If there is interest (my last attempt was a bust) we shall get together. our forum peeps are the BEST! That's why I am now trekking back to Texas (2500+ mi each way) to see my Texican Bros!

@Torque addict,
Hopefully you are aware of our 2018 RAA West here in Washington?
Begins July 16th in Medical Lake, WA (Spokane) then works back west to Tacoma for a visit to Nels Dyno and then a run around the Loop (Olympic peninsula).
Some of us are meeting here in Tacoma (trailer parking available) on July 14th then ride to Spokane on the 15th.

@Torque addict,
Hopefully you are aware of our 2018 RAA West here in Washington?
Begins July 16th in Medical Lake, WA (Spokane) then works back west to Tacoma for a visit to Nels Dyno and then a run around the Loop (Olympic peninsula).
Some of us are meeting here in Tacoma (trailer parking available) on July 14th then ride to Spokane on the 15th.
I was not aware of that. Have been too busy to spend much time on the forum lately. I've spotted the thread and am reading though it now. I would most likely join in Tacoma and do the loop. Thanks for the heads up!

Back