I just bought USB Cable for Triumph Motorcycle TuneECU Program from amazon, i'm going to try this out and see if it's better than what i'm using which is nothing,

I just bought USB Cable for Triumph Motorcycle TuneECU Program from amazon, i'm going to try this out and see if it's better than what i'm using which is nothing,
So what air filter set up are you running with the Zards, if you want send me your e-mail I may just have a suitable tune to use once you get your cable for TuneECU

So what air filter set up are you running with the Zards, if you want send me your e-mail I may just have a suitable tune to use once you get your cable for TuneECU

i'm using the k&N air filter, I took my bike out with the seat off, using a couple of folded towels leaving the air flow open, if there was some way i could have a custom seat, and a different air intake, when i rode her she seemed to run smoother, but then i'm running Triumphs catalytic by pass exhaust map, that is made for a long exhaust syetem. this was probably more info than you were asking. If the tuneECU works out, this would open the door for me to have my cams and pistons done. Some reason the power commander never worked, and it wasn't worth going any further.

I retired from Navy in Fallon, wonderful temperature extremes Nevada has. Last Dec I was working out around Mercury where it dropped to -1F over night. I do prefer cooler temps to ride in but ride year round as long as there is no snow and ice...:)

Retired from NAVY in FALLON???
Somehow that just don't make sense.
Where is the water???

yeah its a shame the power commander didn't work but i'm guessing it was a PCIII not the much improved PCV (which according to their list says is only for 09 onwards when the 09 runs the same ECU as yours and the PCV Does work on All models but you have to have someone who knows their stuff)
getting back to your set up if you did not want to cut the bearclaw or alter the looks the Ramair filter fits under the bear claw and has been tested to be fhttp://www.r3owners.net/threads/bearclaw.16731/page-2#post-215678ar more efficient than an under seat K&N or even the triple K&N under the bearclaw set ups either of these can also be run under a "LesClaw" by @ozrider and here is a link to when he revealed his master piece to us all it really is a thing of beauty since he has done the final touches , if you don't mind hang the left leg out a tad you can run some triple K&N RX4040-1 and really let the air in, and here is a link to see my 4040's http://www.r3owners.net/threads/bigger-is-better.12381/ post #35 shows them after I added the stabilising strap
just to give you some ideas, but most importantly remember if you want big OUT you have to let big IN
Cheers
Hans

Last edited:
From one proud owner of a Mulberry Red '07 to another, I welcome you, Captain Brian!

I call mine the Mulberry Mistress for obvious reasons!;)

It's a secret submarine base. Shhhh, don't tell anyone, bad guys would never expect it...

Eastern Washington for a naval base, new one on me. the only water would be the way south to the columbia river. I've ridden all through there.

Back