Rocket has gone to a new home!

Well, that just sucks to hear that. But I know I'm probably about 5 years away. I just sold my "backup" yesterday, so I only have this Rocket. (I had that '94 Kawasaki 1500 for 9 years and kind of hard to let it go, but went to my wife's son-in-law).

Soooo...I'm very interested in what you settle on! Got to get my ducks lined up.

Hi @Starmanut , looking for something taller and a lot lighter. The adventure or sport tourer style. Yamaha Tracer 900 GT is a nice looking machine but still weighs in at 230kg or 506 lb's so not the lightest out there. There is also the MV Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso SCS which is one of the lightest at 182kg or 401lb's. Now this is the all singing and dancing version with electronic suspension front and rear, Rekluse clutch, 3 stage ABS, 8 traction contrl settings, blah blah blah, and a price to match!!
MV Agusta turismo.jpg

Hi @Starmanut , looking for something taller and a lot lighter. The adventure or sport tourer style. Yamaha Tracer 900 GT is a nice looking machine but still weighs in at 230kg or 506 lb's so not the lightest out there. There is also the MV Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso SCS which is one of the lightest at 182kg or 401lb's. Now this is the all singing and dancing version with electronic suspension front and rear, Rekluse clutch, 3 stage ABS, 8 traction contrl settings, blah blah blah, and a price to match!!
MV Agusta turismo.jpg

Holy cow. I'm out of the loop. I didn't know they had such stuff out there. Guess I should go window shopping. :confused::D:D

Not quite what I had in mind - always preferred the SR!.
I had a SR for many, many years. I had to put spacers in the shocks to make it tall enough for me but commuted on it for a long time.
Loved that bike...nobody could steal it cos if you didn't know how to kick it, you'd never get it started.

Geezuz! At Au$31,790.00 before delivery and on road here in OZ I think I would buy a new Rocket first.

TECHNICAL SPECS
Turismo Veloce 800 Lusso SCS

Seat height: 850mm
Wheel base: 1445mm
Overall length: 2125mm
TURISMO_Lusso_SCS_B_00004-720x405.png

Engine Type Three cylinder, 4 stroke, 12 valve
Engine total displacement 798 cm3 (48.7 cu. in.)
Engine maximum power 81 kW (110 hp) at 10.150 r.p.m.
Engine maximum torque 80 Nm at 7.100 r.p.m
Engine management system Integrated ignition - injection system MVICS 2.0
Electronic Quick-shift MV EAS 2.0 (Electronically assisted Shift up&down)
Clutch SCS (Smart Clutch System) Radius CX
Frame type ALS Steel tubular trellis (MAG welded)
Front Suspension Sachs "UPSIDE DOWN" telescopic hydraulic fork
Rear Suspension Progressive Sachs, single shock adsorber
Front Brake + ABS system Ø 320 mm (Ø 12.6 in.) double floating disc
Rear Brake + ABS system Ø 220 mm (Ø 8.66 in.) single steel disc
Maximum speed 230 km/h (143 mph)
Dry weight 192 kg (423,2 lbs.)

Last edited:
Back