Rocket has gone to a new home!

Grumpy Ole Codger

Miserable as FECK
Ride
MOTO GUZZI BREVA 1100
On saturday just gone, 31st August, I have had to sell my beloved Rocket due to failing knee joints but She has gone to a good home. I had my right knee replaced in 2015 - twice! The first effort at replacing the joint and was inserted wrongly whic left me wandering around bandy legged as if looking for my horse! Second effort cured the odd gait but has become an unstable joint. Did I want this done a third time? Sod that! My Left knee was also showing signs then but I chose to l;eave this for another day. That day should have been a year or so ago, but you know how it is, never quite get around to these things!! Cut a long story short (?), I've ended dropping the bike 3 times in the last month due to the left knee giving out when coming to a stop. Most embarrassing when you're first in the queue at traffic lights! Had I been of the same physical stature of @Steel I could have picked the bike back up with one hand tied behind my back and not the 2 women in the car behind me!!
Due to other slightly more pressing health issues I'm curently experiencing, this knee cannot be operated on for another 2 years. Rather than risk having a more major or dangerous incident I've decided to stop riding the Rocket. A friend had coveted the Beautiful Blue machine ever since I bought her, and he is now the proud owner! Have I finished with bikes? I don't think so. What I need is a taller and much lighter machine which will enable me to be straight legged when in the saddle at a stop.
Onwards and upwards as the saying goes!!

Same situation with me as far as the knees go. Both were replaced but I am not so stable anymore. It’s a hard decision to make but I feel your pain. I will be looking for a Venture trike next spring. This one is for sale in central Florida if you’re interested

ABC96FA6-2E9F-4748-AA75-E8269F171D4A.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Try a k1200gt, before you buy, first generation has the brick motor, 2005 or before.

Hard decision but I feel - the right one. Think of the fun of test riding and eventually finding a bike that suits your needs. All the best mate ..
Toughest decision ever made. The Rocket has been the only bike that had a soul, that had a character all of its own. I just couldn't bring my self to do any more damage. I engine bar with a couple of scuffs but next time?? Looking at some of the adventure sports bikes. Yamaha Tracer 900 GT or the more exotic MV Agusta Turismo vloce Lusso with the Rekluse clutch... KTM..not sure on those ...

Sorry to hear this. Folks like the above i feel for. This is why am looking for a new job. Figure getting on in the years and need more ride time vice work before it is to late. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Sonny, very true! I'm now at the point where I wished I'd been a little more careful in the earlier years of my youth!! Enjoy life while you can cos you do not know what's around the corner if you get my meaning!!!

ABC96FA6-2E9F-4748-AA75-E8269F171D4A.jpeg
Same situation with me as far as the knees go. Both were replaced but I am not so stable anymore. It’s a hard decision to make but I feel your pain. I will be looking for a Venture trike next spring. This one is for sale in central Florida if you’re interested
That's is another idea but huge price bracket in this country!

Back