Rocket has gone to a new home!

the level of banal statements and stupid smart arse comments is likely to increase somewhat!
Probably with grumpy overtones - but heh! - If you can't moan about things to other grumps and other social outcasts, what is the point of this forum?

upload_2019-9-3_16-13-14.jpeg
Not quite what I had in mind - always preferred the SR!.

On saturday just gone, 31st August, I have had to sell my beloved Rocket due to failing knee joints but She has gone to a good home. I had my right knee replaced in 2015 - twice! The first effort at replacing the joint and was inserted wrongly whic left me wandering around bandy legged as if looking for my horse! Second effort cured the odd gait but has become an unstable joint. Did I want this done a third time? Sod that! My Left knee was also showing signs then but I chose to l;eave this for another day. That day should have been a year or so ago, but you know how it is, never quite get around to these things!! Cut a long story short (?), I've ended dropping the bike 3 times in the last month due to the left knee giving out when coming to a stop. Most embarrassing when you're first in the queue at traffic lights! Had I been of the same physical stature of @Steel I could have picked the bike back up with one hand tied behind my back and not the 2 women in the car behind me!!
Due to other slightly more pressing health issues I'm curently experiencing, this knee cannot be operated on for another 2 years. Rather than risk having a more major or dangerous incident I've decided to stop riding the Rocket. A friend had coveted the Beautiful Blue machine ever since I bought her, and he is now the proud owner! Have I finished with bikes? I don't think so. What I need is a taller and much lighter machine which will enable me to be straight legged when in the saddle at a stop.
Onwards and upwards as the saying goes!!

It will cost much Sterling but may I suggest a Harley Tri Glide?

Well, that just sucks to hear that. But I know I'm probably about 5 years away. I just sold my "backup" yesterday, so I only have this Rocket. (I had that '94 Kawasaki 1500 for 9 years and kind of hard to let it go, but went to my wife's son-in-law).

Soooo...I'm very interested in what you settle on! Got to get my ducks lined up.

Now that’s funny. Put some leather streamers on the grips, anXM radio and some chrome and you can be “something else”:roll:
Perhaps some super wide Carlos Fandango wheels, a nice tiger pattern fake fur dash board, an 8 foot whip aerial, and a two tone horn blasting out the Colonel Bogey March at 3000 dB! :roll::roll::roll:

Back