Rocket has gone to a new home!

lol nice.. sure you guys only have a small island left but you still have that rapier wit

and alas we have aoc

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y ?

@barbagris ran away from his small island years ago, well before they almost ran out of unemployed -officially.;):D

He is in Spain now where unemployment is as high as it has ever been, especially in Andulusia (21.3%) yet they still get illegal African migrants to work the plastic greenhouses of Andalusia which are expanding from 355 square kilometers under plastic now.

As he said the unemployed Spaniards "stand idle", I doubt he would find a Spanish serf to bend and provide his back for barbagris' boot.

Unemployment is a worldwide problem, but in Spain it is higher than in other Western European countries. Unemployment was at 8% between 2006 and 2007, but from the 2008 Spanish economic crisis caused the rate to rise past 20% in 2010 and 25% in 2012. Unemployment rates vary across different regions of Spain, but they tend to have one of the highest unemployment rates in the European Union regardless of their economy's state.

Map of unemployment by region. Q3 2018.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...18.png/500px-UnemploymentRateSpainOct2018.png

Nov 6, 2018 - The acreage devoted to greenhouse crops in Eastern Andalusia has reached 35,489 hectares, 1.7% more than in the year 2017,

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y ?

oh boy now here's the issue.. you say her/she/they name 3 times and like satan she appears and confirms that for a large part ignorance is a virtue here in the states..
just asking for a friend... is there anyone in the brit or oz sphere that even comes close to aoc ?

He is in Spain now where unemployment is as high as it has ever been, especially in Andulusia (21.3%) yet they still get illegal African migrants to work the plastic greenhouses of Andalusia which are expanding from 355 square kilometers under plastic now.
Of course "unemployed" does not actually mean "without work".

Been here now so long I really don't notice - I simply see it as how things are. Not many Africans up here in the middle - But we have plenty of Romanians (who can be here legally) - and whose work ethics are frankly (on the whole) outstanding. Why on earth would you employ a less industrious person simply because they are not foreign?. Oh wait......... :ninja::coffee:

My small island, btw, really is not GB. It's a big odd looking one just off the Orinoco delta in Venezuela. Not been there for almost 58 years.

I've just realised. This thread has magically got back on track from having to relinquish ownership of the Rocket and down sizing due to age and physical impairments to European state politics, immigration, emigration, and back to bikes! Bloody amazing, first time that's happened on this forum :roll::roll::roll::roll:

Just been out for a blast. Was starting to wonder about the mysteries of age and legs and dropping bikes and how it was possible. **** but it runs well on the Road5/EMAX combo.

AND THEN I wandered into a business park where they were doing the roads - OK now I remember all about age and legs and weight - thankfully not dropping bikes, though.

But cannot give up the R3 just yet. In part because it is not, per se, 100% road legal. :whitstling:

On saturday just gone, 31st August, I have had to sell my beloved Rocket due to failing knee joints but She has gone to a good home. I had my right knee replaced in 2015 - twice! The first effort at replacing the joint and was inserted wrongly whic left me wandering around bandy legged as if looking for my horse! Second effort cured the odd gait but has become an unstable joint. Did I want this done a third time? Sod that! My Left knee was also showing signs then but I chose to l;eave this for another day. That day should have been a year or so ago, but you know how it is, never quite get around to these things!! Cut a long story short (?), I've ended dropping the bike 3 times in the last month due to the left knee giving out when coming to a stop. Most embarrassing when you're first in the queue at traffic lights! Had I been of the same physical stature of @Steel I could have picked the bike back up with one hand tied behind my back and not the 2 women in the car behind me!!
Due to other slightly more pressing health issues I'm curently experiencing, this knee cannot be operated on for another 2 years. Rather than risk having a more major or dangerous incident I've decided to stop riding the Rocket. A friend had coveted the Beautiful Blue machine ever since I bought her, and he is now the proud owner! Have I finished with bikes? I don't think so. What I need is a taller and much lighter machine which will enable me to be straight legged when in the saddle at a stop.
Onwards and upwards as the saying goes!!

Back