Rocket 3R trying to START ITSELF !!

By the way: would this also be possible with a US-Modell?

Or would the additional switch prevent her from doing this? I only have the circuits of a european modell, so I can not verify it...

I am thinking of buying an old bike with no electronics on it. In the older days those bike were all fixable with no computer required.
You could set the ignition timing on all of them (British bikes i am talking about) with a metal rod pushed into the spark plug hole (which was always at the top of the engine, not 8 inches below the surface) and the rod was marked off at maybe 1/4 inch from top dead center and that was the points opening position for the piston. So simple.
How i am now yearning for the days of basic uncomplicated designs.
The amount of electronics scare me now as they are not really financially viable.
Just imagine what it will be like in another decade……..all these lithium powered vehicles self combusting at the side of the road!
Have a VW diesel for work and when I did a service I had to purchase a VAG cable to hook up the laptop as apparently if you change the fuel filter and then don’t prime with the VAG program you can damage the fuel pump,madness!

Just imagine what it will be like in another decade……..all these lithium powered vehicles self combusting at the side of the road!

Have a VW diesel for work and when I did a service I had to purchase a VAG cable to hook up the laptop as apparently if you change the fuel filter and then don’t prime with the VAG program you can damage the fuel pump,madness!

The English government is trying to push through unproven and defective technology that has no infrastructure.
They are trying to be a good example and if they succeed they are almost on their own as most countries have no plans to follow so our great country will not have any impact on this global problem. The only impact it is making is on us consumers ie. Our wallets.
The rich are just getting richer off of our backs.
The present uk plans fall well short of saving the world.

The English government is trying to push through unproven and defective technology that has no infrastructure.
They are trying to be a good example and if they succeed they are almost on their own as most countries have no plans to follow so our great country will not have any impact on this global problem. The only impact it is making is on us consumers ie. Our wallets.
The rich are just getting rich
I’m still trying to figure out where all the electricity is coming from to charge all these planet saving cars? Hinckley Point not far from Bristol is way over budget already,years late being delivered,will be some of the most expensive power being supplied in the UK,owned by the French and when complete actually only produces approximately 5% of the country’s power demand!

I’m still trying to figure out where all the electricity is coming from to charge all these planet saving cars? Hinckley Point not far from Bristol is way over budget already,years late being delivered,will be some of the most expensive power being supplied in the UK,owned by the French and when complete actually only produces approximately 5% of the country’s power demand!
They will have to build new nuclear power stations. There is no alternative. Our government are trying to bully us into something not viable that will financially ruin us as working class. It is mostly only the wealthy ministers on far too much money that are comfortable with all this bulls**t. They only care about their own pockets and very little else. (and footballers)
I already know of two people who live in the London congestion charge and emission zone that have had to sell their cars they have had for years because the do'nt comply and they cannot afford one that does. It's a disgrace.
Not to mention E10 fuels and higher ratios of E10 that is no doubt in the future plans.

Hi all, I had my brand new Rocket 3R for 6 days and done 270 miles. I’ve had the usual KEY FOB OUT OF RANGE issue. Dealer said “never heard of that before mate”
It has CUT OUT on me at low speed coming up to a junction.
Dealer says “ there’s no fault codes on it. It’s not as complex as a car ecu mate”
Then MAJOR FAULT- I got caught in a light shower (should be able to do this in the Uk) The bike tried to START ITSELF. Key fob in the house and turned off. Bike turned off with kill switch in the off position, clutch not pulled in. No lights , dash, anything.
It made a noise, when I returned to see what was happening, it did it again, obvious to me it was throwing the starter motor in for a split second. Then I started to video it. It did it for a third time, then to my amazement it pulled the starter motor in and turned the engine over for about 30 seconds. It stopped for a few seconds, then pulled in again and the starter was turning the engine over until I got my spanners out and disconnected the battery. After retrying to connect the battery the starter was engaging, it kept doing this for about 4 hours. Until it dried out.
After that time I could have the battery connected without a problem, the ignition / clocks ect would come on, kill switch on, fuel pump up to pressure ok, and run as normal. It was working normally when the dealer picked it up.
They’re telling me that the starter solenoid was stuck in. ??
I honestly can’t believe this, as it would have been turning the engine over constantly, not intermittently, and how the F did it do this when the bike was parked up, turned off, with the keys in the house.
I’ve emailed Triumph UK, but not heard anything back.
Dealer is also saying it’ll be over a week, because Triumph UK haven’t got any starter solenoids in stock?
I have Video evidence of all if this.
Wish I’d read all these forums before buying. I’M GUTTED 😞
Also have way too much oil in mine too, well over the MAX line.
you better have the bike blessed and splash it with holy water

Hi all, I had my brand new Rocket 3R for 6 days and done 270 miles. I’ve had the usual KEY FOB OUT OF RANGE issue. Dealer said “never heard of that before mate”
It has CUT OUT on me at low speed coming up to a junction.
Dealer says “ there’s no fault codes on it. It’s not as complex as a car ecu mate”
Then MAJOR FAULT- I got caught in a light shower (should be able to do this in the Uk) The bike tried to START ITSELF. Key fob in the house and turned off. Bike turned off with kill switch in the off position, clutch not pulled in. No lights , dash, anything.
It made a noise, when I returned to see what was happening, it did it again, obvious to me it was throwing the starter motor in for a split second. Then I started to video it. It did it for a third time, then to my amazement it pulled the starter motor in and turned the engine over for about 30 seconds. It stopped for a few seconds, then pulled in again and the starter was turning the engine over until I got my spanners out and disconnected the battery. After retrying to connect the battery the starter was engaging, it kept doing this for about 4 hours. Until it dried out.
After that time I could have the battery connected without a problem, the ignition / clocks ect would come on, kill switch on, fuel pump up to pressure ok, and run as normal. It was working normally when the dealer picked it up.
They’re telling me that the starter solenoid was stuck in. ??
I honestly can’t believe this, as it would have been turning the engine over constantly, not intermittently, and how the F did it do this when the bike was parked up, turned off, with the keys in the house.
I’ve emailed Triumph UK, but not heard anything back.
Dealer is also saying it’ll be over a week, because Triumph UK haven’t got any starter solenoids in stock?
I have Video evidence of all if this.
Wish I’d read all these forums before buying. I’M GUTTED 😞
Also have way too much oil in mine too, well over the MAX line.
somethings heating up and shorting it out ,I had a honda 1800 vtx do the something of the sort..i replaced the solenoid and it straightened out

they have advanced tech way ahead of battery junk,,but they need to feed the sheep slowly and market it slowly for corp profits

Back