Rocket 3R trying to START ITSELF !!

I spoke with Pektron, they developed the system for Triumph, Im not sure Triumph have advised them of the issues. Nevervthe less both Triumph and Pektron have not done anything to resolve lack of parts or electronics to service the lack of spares.
Triumph are selling bikes they cannot repair or service in an honest time line.
Thanks for your information and support, much appreciated. Reading all the problems people are having with this model, I’m really worried about keeping this bike, ( it’s my 3rd triumph, my last one was owned for 12 years).

Jmo
I think that all production has its problems and the more it is complacated the more the problems.
So far they have been minor which is good. I would suggest that all the owners check if their keys (with fob turned off) will start their bike.
Now the disappearing of oil might be small or large problem depending on the fix.

Jmo
I think that all production has its problems and the more it is complacated the more the problems.
So far they have been minor which is good. I would suggest that all the owners check if their keys (with fob turned off) will start their bike.
Now the disappearing of oil might be small or large problem depending on the fix.
Yeah, that too. When I read about that I checked my oil level, it was way way over the max. Something you wouldn’t expect from new. Maybe it’s a common issue that takes out oil seals inside the engine.

It’s such a shame that the savings aren’t passed onto the customers. At over £21,000 you wouldn’t expect this level of low quality. I’ve been fobbed off with the key fob out of range issue, and no explanation of the bike cutting out on me. These are obvious issues as discussed elsewhere on this site. Other owners are returning or selling their bikes. How long before Triumph go out of business?
Now hold on there boba Lui. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.( awesome bike is baby, fobs messages, oil void etc bathwater).
Let's hope they work the kinks out.

Last edited:
It is a common myth that to much oil takes out seals. Probably started with automatic transmission.
Actualy what happens is they already have a leak and when u over fill the atf level will come up far enough to leak out. Also if the oil comes up into the rotateing parts it whips it up and airares the oil making an over fill more volume an forcing it out through through the engine/transmission vent.
On.the new rockets how much over the full mark is causing a prob remains to be seen.
I believe (at this time) the 90s run and 3 minute wait is a good check
for oil leve. The unknown is on the ones that r reading low and if there is
a bad oring.
I do not believe that the new rockets r burning oil only that they r being over filled (for what ever reason) and the extra oil is being forced out of the engine vent and into the canister and pulled into the combustion chambers causing the smoke.
Just my opinion based on the info i have at this time.

It is a common myth that to much oil takes out seals. Probably started with automatic transmission.
Actualy what happens is they already have a leak and when u over fill the atf level will come up far enough to leak out. Also if the oil comes up into the rotateing parts it whips it up and airares the oil making an over fill more volume an forcing it out through through the engine/transmission vent.
On.the new rockets how much over the full mark is causing a prob remains to be seen.
I believe (at this time) the 90s run and 3 minute wait is a good check
for oil leve. The unknown is on the ones that r reading low and if there is
a bad oring.
I do not believe that the new rockets r burning oil only that they r being over filled (for what ever reason) and the extra oil is being forced out of the engine vent and into the canister and pulled into the combustion chambers causing the smoke.
Just my opinion based on the info i have at this time.
Thanks all. That’s assuring. Every day’s a schools day.
Don’t get me wrong, I really do love this bike, and I’d like to keep it for a long time. I just worry about the longevity of the electrical / electronic side of things.

Thanks all. That’s assuring. Every day’s a schools day.
Don’t get me wrong, I really do love this bike, and I’d like to keep it for a long time. I just worry about the longevity of the electrical / electronic side of things.
I'm with you in that comment but I guess once we started with electronics there it's no way back....

Jmo
My bike could be started from 75 metres away as long as the smart key is active, not a good system at all.

I suppose one rocket with a start on its own is not much to worry about unless u own the rocket and then i would b very causou and maybe give it a couple of washes (in neutral)

Back