Rocket 3R trying to START ITSELF !!

somethings heating up and shorting it out ,I had a honda 1800 vtx do the something of the sort..i replaced the solenoid and it straightened out
They allegedly found a split in the starter relay, making the solenoid pull in. Again allegedly fixed. BULL****!!! Here I am 2 months later and my tracker has never worked again. I’m left paying for something that doesn’t work. I keep being fobbed off, and never get a courtesy call or follow up, always chasing. Very poor. 4 weeks since it’s first service where they promised to fix the tracker.
The dealer is LINGS of Norfolk, UK. They’re telling me they need some new snap-off security screws to replace the ones they have to drill out , to get to the tracker located under the battery tray. I know the tracker plugs into the ecu, can someone give me a location for the ECU? Is the tracker really under the seat, or am I being taken for a mug??

They allegedly found a split in the starter relay, making the solenoid pull in. Again allegedly fixed. BULL****!!! Here I am 2 months later and my tracker has never worked again. I’m left paying for something that doesn’t work. I keep being fobbed off, and never get a courtesy call or follow up, always chasing. Very poor. 4 weeks since it’s first service where they promised to fix the tracker.
The dealer is LINGS of Norfolk, UK. They’re telling me they need some new snap-off security screws to replace the ones they have to drill out , to get to the tracker located under the battery tray. I know the tracker plugs into the ecu, can someone give me a location for the ECU? Is the tracker really under the seat, or am I being taken for a mug??
No wonder you’re grumpy Pete☹️I feel your pain,this is the upside of not being in a position to buy a £20k bike……..

Looks like these English Premium Made in Thailand Triumph Motorcycles are not working out so well. We should start a Thread listing the year and made in with the problems so we all can get a better picture of what is failing and where it was produced. Let's see if the English made are better than the Thailand made bikes or vice-versa.

this has very little to do with bikes but
i bought a new seat for my toilet and in the bag of bolts was the security snap off plastic bolts :roll: :roll: :roll:
so as i was installing the seat and the bolts were getting to the proper torque when the head (of the bolt:laugh:)
snapped off.
conclusion that was for a torque setting so some one would not break the toilet bowl and nothing to do with security.;)
jmo herman

Looks like these English Premium Made in Thailand Triumph Motorcycles are not working out so well. We should start a Thread listing the year and made in with the problems so we all can get a better picture of what is failing and where it was produced. Let's see if the English made are better than the Thailand made bikes or vice-versa.

Back