Rocket 3R trying to START ITSELF !!

I suppose one rocket with a start on its own is not much to worry about unless u own the rocket and then i would b very causou and maybe give it a couple of washes (in neutral)
It will be trail by water whenever I get it back. Obviously the way it should be done according to the owners manual- plastic bags over the exhaust, levers & switchgear…. Can’t get those wet???

It will be trail by water whenever I get it back. Obviously the way it should be done according to the owners manual- plastic bags over the exhaust, levers & switchgear…. Can’t get those wet???
Add the drivetrain... I think there is now a breather on top https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10170551-9999.pdf
Screenshot_20210704-173320_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Most owners manuals are overly cautious.
I am thinking of buying an old bike with no electronics on it. In the older days those bike were all fixable with no computer required.
You could set the ignition timing on all of them (British bikes i am talking about) with a metal rod pushed into the spark plug hole (which was always at the top of the engine, not 8 inches below the surface) and the rod was marked off at maybe 1/4 inch from top dead center and that was the points opening position for the piston. So simple.
How i am now yearning for the days of basic uncomplicated designs.
The amount of electronics scare me now as they are not really financially viable.

I am thinking of buying an old bike with no electronics on it. In the older days those bike were all fixable with no computer required.
You could set the ignition timing on all of them (British bikes i am talking about) with a metal rod pushed into the spark plug hole (which was always at the top of the engine, not 8 inches below the surface) and the rod was marked off at maybe 1/4 inch from top dead center and that was the points opening position for the piston. So simple.
The amount of electronics scare me now as they are not really financially viable.
If you have the newer bike I will take it cheap?

Somethin like my ride to work bike Mike
DSC02633.JPG
?

Hi all, I had my brand new Rocket 3R for 6 days and done 270 miles. I’ve had the usual KEY FOB OUT OF RANGE issue. Dealer said “never heard of that before mate”
It has CUT OUT on me at low speed coming up to a junction.
Dealer says “ there’s no fault codes on it. It’s not as complex as a car ecu mate”
Then MAJOR FAULT- I got caught in a light shower (should be able to do this in the Uk) The bike tried to START ITSELF. Key fob in the house and turned off. Bike turned off with kill switch in the off position, clutch not pulled in. No lights , dash, anything.
It made a noise, when I returned to see what was happening, it did it again, obvious to me it was throwing the starter motor in for a split second. Then I started to video it. It did it for a third time, then to my amazement it pulled the starter motor in and turned the engine over for about 30 seconds. It stopped for a few seconds, then pulled in again and the starter was turning the engine over until I got my spanners out and disconnected the battery. After retrying to connect the battery the starter was engaging, it kept doing this for about 4 hours. Until it dried out.
After that time I could have the battery connected without a problem, the ignition / clocks ect would come on, kill switch on, fuel pump up to pressure ok, and run as normal. It was working normally when the dealer picked it up.
They’re telling me that the starter solenoid was stuck in. ??
I honestly can’t believe this, as it would have been turning the engine over constantly, not intermittently, and how the F did it do this when the bike was parked up, turned off, with the keys in the house.
I’ve emailed Triumph UK, but not heard anything back.
Dealer is also saying it’ll be over a week, because Triumph UK haven’t got any starter solenoids in stock?
I have Video evidence of all if this.
Wish I’d read all these forums before buying. I’M GUTTED 😞
Also have way too much oil in mine too, well over the MAX line.
I think your neighbor has managed to copy your fob & playing tricks on you 🤔😅🚀

Back