Do you guys change at 10,000 miles?
I was thinking more like 6K...
This is a pretty good price:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008MISF54/ref=oh_details_o09_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think waiting until 10k would be fine with today's synthetics. But there's more than just mileage to consider. Mine sits for 4.5 months here in the winter; tendered, covered, and uninsured. Since I can't ride it, I don't wanna get sad....so I rarely visit during the winter. If they sit that long without running, you should change the oil, which is why I change mine at the start of every season with only about 6-7k on the old oil.

Still looking for an answer if the oil tank needs draining also , i have sighted the 3 sump type plugs that need to come out but is there one on the oil tank somewhere ?

Sorry wrecker I missed this last time .there is just three drain plugs that drain the complete system
Thanks Pete , for some reason i got confused and thought the tank also had it's own drain , awesome thanks mate. Also got 1/2 way through installing the Rivco Risers yesterday arvo , hopefully have another play with it this arvo or finish it tomorrow ( i feel a sickie coming on ) will do the oil change after that :)

Wrecker when purchasing oil I went with triumph recommendation which is the castrol part synthetic and have found this oil to give an overall better performance .

I'm using full synthetic, and my dealer recommends my second oil change be at 5000 miles.

Did the first at 700 miles.

Wrecker when purchasing oil I went with triumph recommendation which is the castrol part synthetic and have found this oil to give an overall better performance .
I bought Fuch's oil yesterday mate, should be ok full synthetic.

I'm using full synthetic, and my dealer recommends my second oil change be at 5000 miles.

Did the first at 700 miles.
Yeah i had first done at 1000klm , next one was due at 8000 but ive decided to do one at 5000 and have a good scan of the oil see whats happening in there , might change the rear drive oil next weekend

Back