If I was going to use Dino oil in my Rocket, it would be a 15/40 Delo 400 diesel truck oil. The additive package is way better than a gas engine Dino oil.

Or any of the other 15/40 diesel specific oils. All the diesel oils have a very robust additive package in compared to regular 15/40 gas engine oil.

Try it!

Yeah, you are right about the truck oil. What do you think of the Rotella brand of synthetic Diesel oil?

From my understanding non synthetic oil is fine but once you go fully synthetic there's no going back to non synthetic

However when new did they not come with semi synthetic in them for the first 500 miles and then they put full synthetic in

I know mine did

There clear as mud right :)

To my knowledge, and I've heard and read many experts on the subject, there is absolutely NO incompatibility issue between mineral based and synthetic oils. Not only can you use mineral based after having used synthetics, but you could even mix the two.
Go to any tech website on synthetic oils and see for yourselves.

That would do it even with a hot just switched of mottorcycles there is still a little oil in the sump,
I open sump and oil tank plugs (all 3 plugs) at same time while hot let it drain over night while bike is supported from both sides, going back to it a couple of time and leaning it to one side for a little while and then there other side before leaving it to completely drain over night I also use a flushing product to may sure I get all the crap out. End result it takes a little over 5 litres and I get 10,000 klm out of it, I also use a full synthetic high quality oil
Mate just trying to find out if there's any 3rd party ( car type ) oil filters that fit ?

Did mine today, removed drain plug and two sump plugs with filter. Put 5.5 quarts of Mobil 4T 10-40 and it is a little over the mark

Back