r3badboy

Supercharged
Ride
06 Rocket 3 & all years parts built R3 & 06 flood
Howdy guys, after an ignition switch (with wires & plug) for a 2010 american import roadster....well thats what comes up on the ecu vin that I bought.
Seems to be different part numbers for different models so dont know how compatible they could be?
New one a tad expensive, but thought I'd put it out there...any info getting around the ignition would be appreciated too.
Cheers 👍😎

If it is not working then it is probably the white wire inside has come unsoldered. Take it apart and re-solder it. Either that or put a keyless system on it. Instructions in my signature for an inexpensive one, or you can buy a really spiffy plug'n'play system form @DEcosse

image.jpg
image.jpg

I got one for a 2015 roadster. Keys included. Looks the same as the one in the picture. I did hook it up to the bike and figured it was not the ignition switch causing the problems. Never installed it.

Last edited:
I got one for a 2015 roadster. Keys included. Looks the same as the one in the picture. I did hook it up to the bike and figured it was not the ignition switch causing the problems. Never installed it.
Thanks buddy but managed to buy one in NZ. An hour after that a guy forwarded a pic how to bypass the ignition 😅👍

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200922-100441_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200922-100441_Facebook.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 36
For about $50, you can install a remote ignition switch. This installs with your oem ignition switch so if you want you can still use the key to start the bike.
As these bikes are well known for their very weak as piss ignitions, which is only slightly better than their horns, this remote ignition takes away the load from the ignition switch.

Back