Rivco's "Magnum" Electric Horn

Jamie

Living Legend
Hello,

Have a couple of pending orders from my fellow Rocket club (RCE) members for that horn. Any testimonial in terms of sound (Rivco claiming 118 decibels) , ease of installation, value-for-money etc. most appreciated BEFORE I let Rivco ransom my credit card

Thanks much. Jamie

Thanks Vonbonds. Another grateful bump ;) . Will check the link above out. Some folks think that 118 decibels (Rivco's claim) are not loud enough. Not surprisingly, many of them have pipes that are probably way louder than that :eek:. The search goes on. Thanks. Jamie

Obstinacy

And I am still searching for the perfect aftermarket horn for my club members;). Which BTW shows they can't find one in Western Europe.

LOUD, no doubt, but not too bulky... also as readily Rocket-compatible as possible , i.e. requiring only a modicum of wiring expertise... and certainly NO third-party bits and pieces, let alone home-made (?) mounting brackets, contrary to the afore-mentioned Italian offering.

That's why I brought up the Rico "Magnum" horn in the first place. It's offered --at a stiff price-- with a Rocket fit-up kit but the install looks a bit awkward to me. And I am not sure I got any first-hand feedback about it here.

Thanks folks. Jamie

Jamie,I have a Stebel 80 T Magnum made in Italy that says 138 Decibels,that I bought at checker auto parts. Have not put It on yet but in the basement just hooking to a batt. I think Ive injured my hearing..Some where some one can get you this horn..The package says made In Italy,the horn says made In E.E.C..Oh yea the price was 13 dollars..Yes $13.00. Cant beat it.Ck and see what you can find..Jack

And I am still searching for the perfect aftermarket horn for my club members;). Which BTW shows they can't find one in Western Europe.

LOUD, no doubt, but not too bulky... also as readily Rocket-compatible as possible , i.e. requiring only a modicum of wiring expertise... and certainly NO third-party bits and pieces, let alone home-made (?) mounting brackets, contrary to the afore-mentioned Italian offering.

That's why I brought up the Rico "Magnum" horn in the first place. It's offered --at a stiff price-- with a Rocket fit-up kit but the install looks a bit awkward to me. And I am not sure I got any first-hand feedback about it here.

Thanks folks. Jamie

Jamie,

I'm afraid I can't help you regards the Rivco Magnum air horn, but if price is a factor you might want to consider the stebel air horn, which I have installed behind the left side cover on my R3. Its plenty loud and at $40 is a lot more affordable.

Regards

Tony

Back