CABLES RUBBING HARD Brake and Clutch
Completed the rivco touring install to find the front brake line and clutch cable tight super tight. So much so that the frame cover doesn't sit flush any longer and I've had to force it flat. Didn't want to force anything so took it off. Wanted to re-rout that front brake cable going to the brake fluid box but didn't know if that screw would start the draining of fluid. As for the clutch cable, It rubs like my x and making a mark and sound while turning lock to lock. Should have ordered a longer one from the get go but didn't measure while top was off.. Is the clutch cable length the same for road & tour? I mean if I found length for roadster could I add 2" and order? I find things harder to find with the touring. A e an enjoyable day folk's

CABLES RUBBING HARD Brake and Clutch
Completed the rivco touring install to find the front brake line and clutch cable tight super tight. So much so that the frame cover doesn't sit flush any longer and I've had to force it flat. Didn't want to force anything so took it off. Wanted to re-rout that front brake cable going to the brake fluid box but didn't know if that screw would start the draining of fluid. As for the clutch cable, It rubs like my x and making a mark and sound while turning lock to lock. Should have ordered a longer one from the get go but didn't measure while top was off.. Is the clutch cable length the same for road & tour? I mean if I found length for roadster could I add 2" and order? I find things harder to find with the touring. A e an enjoyable day folk's
They are not the same length, most order 1.5 or 2in plus length when fitting rivco risers, barnett will make them

Not sure why they are categorized with Victory - maybe due to Metric?
Handlebar Risers for Triumph® Rocket III - RIVCO

R3 Standard Classic Roadster
Installing the TR3017 risers will significantly reduce neck, back, and shoulder strain by relocating your handlebars up one-inch and back two-inches. Machined from a solid block of billet aluminum and finished with a beautiful chrome finish, the TR3017 will complement the look of your Triumph Rocket III. The TR3017 kit contains all hardware needed and installation instructions for an easy installation. There is no need to change or lengthen any cables, hoses, or wiring as the TR3017 can be installed using these factory components. The TR3017 also uses the factory riser caps to secure your handlebars. The TR3017 risers will fit 2004-newer Triumph Rocket III models except the Touring models.

Installation Guide
● Moves handlebars up 1” & back 2” towards rider
● Retains factory cable, hoses, & wires
● Uses factory riser caps
● CNC machined from solid billet aluminum
● Chrome finish
SKU: TR3017
Weight: 2.25 lbs
Dimensions: 7 × 7 × 7 in
Price: US$199.95

d_440_1-500x333.jpg
Does anyone know if one can run the Rivco risers and also fit the Triumph front end fixing kit with the flyscreen?

Does anyone know if one can run the Rivco risers and also fit the Triumph front end fixing kit with the flyscreen?
Yeah no problem. The flyscreen kits come with a small wire cable guide and do not effect cable reach.

Remember their are 2 different RIVCO versions for the Roadster TR3017 and the Touring (TR3017-TR) that have very similar number codes but appear quite different. The other options for the R3Touring appear to be Thundebird accessory Chrome risers A9738165 or A9731030 and RIVCO TB017 risers for the Thiunderbird that should also fit R3T's.
1589950400705.png

1Chrome Riser Kit
A9738165
Share this part
NO LONGERAVAILABLE$112.43inc. VAT(£60.00)-
2Chrome Risers
A9731030

Last edited:
Yeah no problem. The flyscreen kits come with a small wire cable guide and do not effect cable reach.

Remember their are 2 different RIVCO versions for the Roadster TR3017 and the Touring (TR3017-TR) that have very similar number codes but appear quite different. The other options for the R3Touring appear to be Thundebird accessory Chrome risers A9738165 or A9731030 and RIVCO TB017 risers for the Thiunderbird that should also fit R3T's.
1589950400705.png

1Chrome Riser Kit
A9738165
Share this part
NO LONGERAVAILABLE$112.43inc. VAT(£60.00)-
2Chrome Risers
A9731030
Good to know. I have the TR3017 kit for my 2018 Roadster and it'd be a shame to install them and not be able to use the flyscreen too.

It's been a while, but I finally fitted the risers to my bike today.

- I ended up modifying the speedo bracket - I heated up the bends with a blowtorch, and slowly eased them around so they bent back the other way. I didn't want to muck around with cutting the rear cups or anything, so thought I'd give bending a go - worked a treat!

- rerouted clutch, brake and throttle lines around behind the triple tree, with some jiggling around, and using my Dremel tool to cut out the plastic covers a little to stop things being too tight, it all seems to fit well and not bind or stretch lock to lock.

Haven't taken it for a ride to see the difference yet (it's pissing down rain, and I can't find my brake bleeding kit to bleed the front brakes) but just from sitting on it it feels a lot better, don't have to lean forward to reach anything at all.

Attached some pics for your viewing pleasure.

Cheers!
20200614_182950.jpg
20200614_182957.jpg
20200614_183009.jpg
20200614_171452.jpg
20200614_171448.jpg

Hey guys, bought some Rivco Risers on eBay second hand, only to find out they're the ones for the Touring... will they still fit my R3R?
Hi mate
How did you go with Th he risers?
I'm looking for a set myself for r3 touring

Hi mate
How did you go with Th he risers?
I'm looking for a set myself for r3 touring

All went pretty well, see the pics above. I've found the throttle cable just starts to bind at full R lock, so may need to look at that sometime, doesn't really bother me for general riding though

Back