rivco centerstand

rocketbill

Supercharged
Ride
2013 Rocket 3 Touring
Have been searching around and can anyone tell my why the centerstand from rivco is for only 2009 and older rockets. Could it or your bike be easily modified to fit this stand? I have a 2018 roadster. I was also liking the becker-tecknik lift but does not ship to the us. Has anyone been able to get one outside of Germany? I know this has been on this forum before is just was not finding answers.

You ask two questions.

First, the RIVCO center stand - yes, the configuration of the earlier bikes is slightly different. So the RIVCO stands, which were out of production by then (so the last year listed) had different size bolts and so on. It is not plug and play on the later bikes, though if one is willing to drill out a hole on the left side, it can be made to fit. Of course, the first challenge is to actually find one.

Second, several of us have the Becker lift. Yes, this is a casualty - one of many - of products not sold here because of onerous US product litigation environment. It is possible to get one if you're prepared to pay the substantial freight to get it here, and ask very nicely of one of our European captains to obtain, and transship the lift. Mine came part from England and part from Spain.

You ask two questions.

First, the RIVCO center stand - yes, the configuration of the earlier bikes is slightly different. So the RIVCO stands, which were out of production by then (so the last year listed) had different size bolts and so on. It is not plug and play on the later bikes, though if one is willing to drill out a hole on the left side, it can be made to fit. Of course, the first challenge is to actually find one.

Second, several of us have the Becker lift. Yes, this is a casualty - one of many - of products not sold here because of onerous US product litigation environment. It is possible to get one if you're prepared to pay the substantial freight to get it here, and ask very nicely of one of our European captains to obtain, and transship the lift. Mine came part from England and part from Spain.

Not quite, remember the RIVCO center stand came out before Roadster with ABS and that is the issue.
I got one New old stock years ago and tried to get fitted to my Roadster. I later sold it to a USA member. It could be done by cutting and relocating the brackets but beautiful chrome so I didn't.

Last edited:
Thank you for the replies. Not sure what I want to do to get the back tire off. On my old rocket I would jack it up and put a chunk of wood under it but I was looking for a safer way to do it by myself.

I bought the stand many years ago and returned it because it was not a perfect fit on my 2008 standard.
I was not about to drill out holes.

Also, it only lifts the rear wheel what seems like a few inches, definitely not enough clearance to remove rear wheel.

I suggest you scour the site for "Lift" and you will find copious discussion on the topic. The creativity of the various captains is nothing short of amazing, and solutions run the spectrum from your block of wood all the way to professional platform lifts.

I will tell you, the "pivot" lift design, shared by Flip Meister and Becker (and the Rivco center stand), will get one wheel or the other up enough to remove them.

You might take a look at this thread as a taste of the many many posts on this topic:

Help! Flip's Paddock Stand

Classic transmission jacks for motorcycles have been used by a number of captains. While claims have been made by some that this is good enough, the more thoughtful among us only use these jacks in conjunction with external support of some kind, to stabilize the bike on the jack.

A motorcycle shop I once visited was equipped with table lifts, and as an expedient, say to do something while the lifts were already occupied, they took my Rocket, placing a block of wood under the kick stand, then used a floor jack to create a new three-point contact pattern that left one wheel off the floor. In my case, it was the front wheel, and continued with removing the front forks for suspension work.

With all the thinking recorded in these pages, I doubt there is much new under the sun, and just a matter of considering your personal circumstances and what solution best fits.

If ur handy with a hacksaw and a drill you can make a mount that can then be used with a scissor stand. I made one out of mild steel box section and some aluminium tube, very useful as you can see saw the front and back as you need for maintenance. Bottom of frame sits inside the U's and the aluminium tube threads through, very stable

WP_20200115_15_08_41_Pro[1].jpg
WP_20200115_15_08_50_Pro[1].jpg
WP_20200115_15_08_57_Pro[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back