Replacing grips, a little too late to ask for a how to?

Danvitt

.060 Over
Ride
2013 Roadster
Hey all, just bought set of Kuryakyn iso grips PN 6340. Looked all over for a video or a how to,, but that's problem with riding a bike most people haven't even heard of. Information can be tough to find.

Anyway I received the grips today. Proceeded to work on the throttle side. Couldn't use the usual tricks to save it and slip off so I decided cut it off. Wasn't expecting to find all these ridges to hold the stock grips in place. Thought it was going to be a smooth bore. So anyway, am I screwed? Did I order the wrong ones? Or am I going about this all wrong? Anyone who has done this before I could use your help.

20180805_203339.jpg What I'm up against

Last edited:
Yea. I bought these the sleeve is included. Very good quality and no glue required on either side. Made in the U.S.A. (Texas) IMG_0489 (1).JPG IMG_0490.JPG IMG_0498 (2).JPG IMG_0497 (2).JPG Direct fit no issues. Looks and functions very well.

I put Rizoma Sports on mine, also come with replacement tube integrated.

There are only so many options because Triumph felt the need to overengineer the throttle tube.
ADE63081-E4F2-4870-AC88-007855DA2DA7.jpeg 73BC311F-7BAD-4D9E-8500-17AFE8C687CE.jpeg C69625A2-C35E-40D9-99AE-FD3268FC9BD4.jpeg

I have not yet done a grip replacement, so I can't speak as to any tricks or such. However, at the .com site, I did find this tidbit of information that will make grip swaps much easier.

Triumph Rocket III Community

Getting a little worried this may not work, I have sanded the hell out of them, I'll post some pics later but the outside diameter of the throttle tube is around 1.200" (probably more because I sanded for awhile before getting the mic out). The inside diameter of the grips are approx 1.125" There is not whole lot of wall left (not much bigger than the core of a toilet paper roll). I can get the grips on about 3/4ths of the way but they're squeezing the bars enough to create some friction which I don't like. Then the rubber inserts like to pop out while I try to push them on.

I'm looking a little harder at those Avon grips in case I need a backup plan. Tried to look up the part number sonny posted but I can't seem to locate them anywhere, even on the Avon website. Any one have some links to what they know would work I would appreciate them.

Ok, Amigo, here is my old 2 Bolivars worth . . .
1) Crapcan the bogus Isos
2) Get a pair of Biltwell for $17
3) They will fit great, including the one over the throttle body, without any work.
4) I recommend Honda grip glue for the clutch side bar end.
Biltwell Renegade 1" Grips - RevZilla
OR:

Back