Replacement Grips

Part number for the only isogrips for the 2014 rocket is 6236

I noticed the only ones coming up were the chrome ones. Looks like I'll be going with the Avon Grips until Kury can get more parts for the '14 R3R. (which will probably be next week. Right after i have my new ones installed.)

There's no difference between the earlier model Standard/Classics and Roadsters as far as throttles go.

There's no difference between the earlier model Standard/Classics and Roadsters as far as throttles go.

Of course I don't login for too long and just now see this. I've already got the Avon's sitting in the parts bin. I'll try them out and if I don't like them I'll order the Kuryakyn.

Of course I don't login for too long and just now see this. I've already got the Avon's sitting in the parts bin. I'll try them out and if I don't like them I'll order the Kuryakyn.
Just in case anyone is wondering. I took bike in to dealer for the normal preseason stuff, as well as to have the isogrips (that the dealer assured me would be an easy switch) installed.
The dealer is two hours north of where I live so I had to have the gf follow me up so I did not have to sit at the dealer all day waiting on the grip glue to dry enough to ride the bike home(yeah I have a trailer but to much hassle to load and secure alone),
Got a call about 4 hours later, grips do not fit, and I will have to leave bike at dealer until they can figure it out, as the stock grips are already taken off.
When I got there they informed me that British customs says the throttle body needs to be turned town(lathe) in order for the grips to work. This is being done tonight, so hopefully they will get it put back together tomorrow. They also are going to trailer it down to me at no charge.
I will post the specs, so they info will be out there for others who are considering the same option.
I did try the wrap around foam pieces, better than nothing, but I did not like how thick the grips were with them on the stock grips. sds

Anyone have the Avon grips installed if so are they any good?
Correction. Throttle tube is what evidently needs to be modified. Did not hear from shop today, so I imagine something else is effd up.

Got bike back kuryakyn isogrips installed. Now just need some dry weather for a test ride.
If anyone wants the grip buddies that I purchased before I had the stock grips removed let me know. Half price what they cost me would be fine. sds

Back