Removing end cans / silencers/ mufflers

rodger

Standard Bore
Ride
triumph rocket 111 20016 roadster
hii all \i am new here
i recently got myself a 2016 rocket GT , and was wondering if anyone has removed the end part of the exhaust , and if so ..................... was it too loud , any engine tune necessary ?

Just like denim cutoffs the shorter and raggedier the better ..........some times;):roll::roll::roll::roll:
1646315892031.png

1646315844557.png
1646315858391.png

We must not proceed past a certain point though or the outlets will get too exposed to the elements, but...................................................................fortunately with exhausts, not too short or ragged works best!;):roll::roll::roll:

You cannot fix stock pipes for performance or anything other than louder with a lot of effort as the catalytic converters are in each can and very, very tightly built in and not a simple cut a few tabs or weld spots and remove. It is a full cut open remove and then reweld together the stock cans. That is why the Triumph factory always sell an Off Road Use only (TORs) accessory version without catalytic converters which are not legally required in many countries anyway on motorcycles including Australia. All countries do though have the noise limit design rules about 88 Db from memory which is why they are marked as TORs as they exceed the noise limit by a small margin.

You can remove the exhaust mufflers completely at the collector or after if you like the sound of a large tractor but do not expect any power increase and likely burnt valves or similar eventually. To actually improve performance you need to improve air in and out.

Back