Big 'Ol Triple

.020 Over
Ride
2018 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
Well, Christmas is right around the corner and presents are starting to fly in! Presents for me of course

Just received my front end fixing kit with brackets and hardware! I should be receiving my flyscreen shortly. David Gill is the man

My question is, what's the easiest way to install the front end fixing kit? Either the handle bars need to be removed, or the wheel's gotta come off. Any suggestions?

Google "Front Fixing Kit Fitting Instructions- Rocket III" and you'll see it is an easy install. Don't have to remove anything. I recommend lightly tightening the bracket bolts just enough to hold the brackets in place, then attach the screen to the brackets (this allows you to make any last minute adjustments to the brackets and to center the screen alignment perfectly over the headlights), then tighten down the brackets with the screen installed. The torque values Triumph says to use is way too high, I reduced them by 25%.

Google "Front Fixing Kit Fitting Instructions- Rocket III" and you'll see it is an easy install. Don't have to remove anything. I recommend lightly tightening the bracket bolts just enough to hold the brackets in place, then attach the screen to the brackets (this allows you to make any last minute adjustments to the brackets and to center the screen alignment perfectly over the headlights), then tighten down the brackets with the screen installed. The torque values Triumph says to use is way too high, I reduced them by 25%.

Ha! What a dunce, I was a few words short of getting the results i wanted. Thanks for setting me straight, I've got the triumph pdf document now

It seems as though my front end kit is different from the Triumph instructions. The standard clamp style kit looks like a breeze to install! I do like the look of the ones I purchased though. Back to square one again

Attachments

• 15440599216946159519004303422845.jpg
    15440599216946159519004303422845.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 5
Back