Recall for 2020 Rocket 3 Rear Brake

I finally got fed up with the brake going soft after it had been bleed at dealer. I purchased dealertool program which gives access to ABS system via laptop and bleed brake myself. Initially there were numerous very small bubbles. After bubbles cleared I kept bleeding for around 5 minutes and all of a sudden a large bubble appeared in the tube (about 40mm long), bleed a bit more. My rear brake has been good ever since.

I found a video about how to do it. with dealertool. Though, I never had this rear brake issue.
Hope the video helps someone.
Regards

Hi Guys,

My bike is now showing on the recall list, but I definitely have an spongy rear brake. Yesterday I made a simple bleed and found a quote large air bubble. I have seen that most of you are talking about replace the ABS module to solve the problem. I just wanted to be sure about this to push the dealer.

Thanks in advance for your replays.

Hi Guys,

My bike is now showing on the recall list, but I definitely have an spongy rear brake. Yesterday I made a simple bleed and found a quote large air bubble. I have seen that most of you are talking about replace the ABS module to solve the problem. I just wanted to be sure about this to push the dealer.

Thanks in advance for your replays.
I'm taking mine in tomorrow for the 4th time and all they've been doing is "bleeding brakes" for a temporary fix. I asked if they've replaced the ABS as it's been stated as a solution [from Triumph - don't know how true this is] but asked them to do it this time. I told them that this is getting old and would finally appreciate it being fixed, once and for all. I also stated I'd pay for racing brake fluid that supports 'heat more, if it will help.

When they do the bleed, brakes are perfect for a bit, then get spongy. I've had the bike for more than 2-years now

Just chiming in with my ongoing aggravation with R3 rear brakes

Last edited:
I'm taking mine in tomorrow for the 4th time and all they've been doing is "bleeding brakes" for a temporary fix. I asked if they've replaced the ABS as it's been stated as a solution [from Triumph - don't know how true this is] but asked them to do it this time. I told them that this is getting old and would finally appreciate it being fixed, once and for all. I also stated I'd pay for racing brake fluid that supports 'heat more, if it will help.

When they do the bleed, brakes are perfect for a bit, then get spongy. I've had the bike for more than 2-years now

Just chiming in with my ongoing aggravation with R3 rear brakes
I have had exactly the same "brake history" on my 2020 GT. Next service this month including a fourth bleeding. I really like the bike and would not like to switch to another cause it's really a "joyride" especially now as "pennered".

Dealer just called and they did what they've done for the last 3 bleeds so don't know why they or someone else can't figure out that it's not working - warranty is expired but they continue to work on the is ongoing issue - told them, I'd rather ride it then bring it to you for these same issues over-and-over again.... so, the saga continues, and I'll be returning for the 5th bleed soon, I'm sure. They are so lucky that I love my rocket.... 🚀

Dealer just called and they did what they've done for the last 3 bleeds so don't know why they or someone else can't figure out that it's not working - warranty is expired but they continue to work on the is ongoing issue - told them, I'd rather ride it then bring it to you for these same issues over-and-over again.... so, the saga continues, and I'll be returning for the 5th bleed soon, I'm sure. They are so lucky that I love my rocket.... 🚀
What about changing th ABS module? That's what they did for me after 3 attempts.

Was talking to my dealer regarding the 2nd bleed, he said they were just trained for a new bleeding procedure that seems to do the job.
I told him that some guys had 3rd and 4th bleeds after which the ABS module was replaced.
He said: no we won't do this sh!t. If the bike fails after the 2nd bleed, I'll put in a call for repair. Needless to say, put me at ease somewhat.
Hope this new bleed procedure, which I've read someone else mentioning it either here or the FB page, works.

Was talking to my dealer regarding the 2nd bleed, he said they were just trained for a new bleeding procedure that seems to do the job.
I told him that some guys had 3rd and 4th bleeds after which the ABS module was replaced.
He said: no we won't do this sh!t. If the bike fails after the 2nd bleed, I'll put in a call for repair. Needless to say, put me at ease somewhat.
Hope this new bleed procedure, which I've read someone else mentioning it either here or the FB page, works.
Hope this works for you, please keep us updated. I'll stop in dealer who has my bike to ask if they're aware of new procedure!

Back