Recall for 2020 Rocket 3 Rear Brake

Exactly!!! Got mine back yesterday after they replaced the ABS module, front brake is a COMPLETELY different feel! It makes you wonder if Triumph just doesn't want to pay for these and make it a recall, but my front brake is amazing now. Hopefully it lasts!
Apparently the ABS unit costs £1200 ($1600) so they probably try all the cheap fixes first.

This is where it's confusing. My front brakes are fantastic and stop me on a dime. They just did the rear brakes for the second time and all seems fine for now. I guess time will tell. I need to go out and hit the back roads hard and see if the rears hold up. I will intentionally use the rear brakes more than usual. The fact that I use very little rear brake during regular riding and they still malfunction is a bit of an aggravation. This bike has a few flaws that need to be sorted.

This is where it's confusing. My front brakes are fantastic and stop me on a dime. They just did the rear brakes for the second time and all seems fine for now. I guess time will tell. I need to go out and hit the back roads hard and see if the rears hold up. I will intentionally use the rear brakes more than usual. The fact that I use very little rear brake during regular riding and they still malfunction is a bit of an aggravation. This bike has a few flaws that need to be sorted.
I thought my front brakes worked flawlessly too...until they replaced the ABS module. It's a huge difference. I would have never known, because the other way was all I ever experienced.

I thought my front brakes worked flawlessly too...until they replaced the ABS module. It's a huge difference. I would have never known, because the other way was all I ever experienced.
If the rear brakes go again I will certainly hit them up for a new ABS. I just hope my dealer isn't one of those that knows the remedy but doesn't want to go through the hassle (and from what I understand it's a ton of paperwork ) to get Triumph to accept and pay to fix it. That and Triumph pays much less for the fix than out of warranty people pay. Good info.:thumbsup:

If the rear brakes go again I will certainly hit them up for a new ABS. I just hope my dealer isn't one of those that knows the remedy but doesn't want to go through the hassle (and from what I understand it's a ton of paperwork ) to get Triumph to accept and pay to fix it. That and Triumph pays much less for the fix than out of warranty people pay. Good info.:thumbsup:
No only paperwork, it’s a major job too. I went back to dealer on the bike they very kindly lent me before the work was finished, the showroom guy went out back to see how the mechanic was getting on and said, “ I never realised a motorbike had so many parts and yours are all laid out on the floor at the moment!”. Obviously a bit of humour but it took they 7 hours to swap out the ABS £££$$$

At least your dealer has loaner bikes. My nearest dealer is quite big with BMW, Triumph, Ducati but zero loaners. I was told they do so much business that they wouldn't have enough bikes to loan out. Instead they pay $40.00 for your Uber ride home. You're on your own coming back though. 🧑‍🦼

I will take mine there next time.
1636229171467.png

My brakes seem fine too but now I wonder!?

Back