Recall for 2020 Rocket 3 Rear Brake

Didn't get a recall letter ? Although it was easy to find on google once my brakes stopped working.
The Triumph dealership has sudgested I may need to take the Triumph back up to 3 times to get this issue sorted? Anyone with any input on this, could there be a more thorough fix that only involves one trip? I have a 6 hour return ride for every trip and not keen for too many with no rear brake.
For anyone else in OZ with this issue, I've rang the Aus Consumer Business Services and ACCC today and with their input I've put an email to Triumph and my dealership which I feel my response should be good? The consumer law is that any fault considered major (breaks not working) shouldn't have any costs to the purchaser and if it's deemed as not working for the second time after repairs you can apply for your money back plus any costs associated
Mine is in for service & rear brake 2nd time at Peter Stevens Adelaide Thursday will see what they come up with
Mine is in for service & rear brake 2nd time at Peter Stevens Adelaide Thursday will see what they come up with this time
I’d be interested to know what they find?
Didn't get a recall letter ? Although it was easy to find on google once my brakes stopped working.
The Triumph dealership has sudgested I may need to take the Triumph back up to 3 times to get this issue sorted? Anyone with any input on this, could there be a more thorough fix that only involves one trip? I have a 6 hour return ride for every trip and not keen for too many with no rear brake.
For anyone else with this issue in OZ, I recently rang the SA Consumer Business Services to confirm if this is an Australian call back for the Triumph rear brake issue, they put me in contact with the ACCC and I've just finished a check on the Australian product safety web site? I couldn’t find the issue reported, although these departments where interested to know about it and keen to hear the outcome. It was good to hear that as a purchaser I shouldn’t expect any major issues ( as per brakes not performing properly) I also shouldn’t have any costs to myself for the issue and if the same issue happens a second time after a repair I’m entitled to request my money back along with any costs incurred? With all this I’ve put an email together to Triumph and seller and I’m hoping for a one off repair 😬
See how I go?

Can I ask where you take yours Mike? I’ll be taking mine to Adelaide PeterStevens, although I’m writing an email to Triumph and PeterStevens before my Rocket 3 goes in, to hopefully push them for a more permanent fix?
I take mine to Peter Stevens Ringwood, I will definitely write to Triumph if it happens again as I am sick of getting this problem fixed

My concern is once out of warranty if Triumph will still pay to have it fixed. You would think they would but we all know that triumph likes to keep their money.
Triumph had no luck fixing the rear brake on my 2020 GT.. I did it myself using a vacuum bleeder on the caliper end, at the same time using the pedal
to push new fluid thru the master cylinder being careful not to let it run dry in the process.. Its a two man job, but it does get all the air out.
Used close to a full bottle of fluid doing it.

Triumph had no luck fixing the rear brake on my 2020 GT.. I did it myself using a vacuum bleeder on the caliper end, at the same time using the pedal
to push new fluid thru the master cylinder being careful not to let it run dry in the process.. Its a two man job, but it does get all the air out.
How many miles since you bled brakes Sonnie? Wonder if it's permenent.

Last edited:
Thank you, I’ll do that if they don’t get it right 👍🏼

My dealer called me today and they are replacing the entire ABS module. Unfortunately, riding season is pretty much done so I won't know until next year if it's sorted for good. I did ask what happens if this keeps going out of warranty and he said since the problem started while under warranty i should be fine. Fingers crossed!

I too have been having issues with my rear bike since I bought the bike in May 2020. Several visits to the dealer where they have bled the brakes (3) used ‘racing’ brake fluid and the safety recall all failed to resolve the problem.
Finally, they agreed to change the complete ABS system………..what a difference! Not only does the rear bake work the front is significantly better too. I thought the front brake was good but now it’s awesome.
So now I am happy but I’ve got to thinking, I’ve been riding a bike weighing 1/3 ton with no rear brake and a below par front brake and lived to tell the tale. Lets hope no one out there ends up in a bad way because of this long standing fault

I too have been having issues with my rear bike since I bought the bike in May 2020. Several visits to the dealer where they have bled the brakes (3) used ‘racing’ brake fluid and the safety recall all failed to resolve the problem.
Finally, they agreed to change the complete ABS system………..what a difference! Not only does the rear bake work the front is significantly better too. I thought the front brake was good but now it’s awesome.
So now I am happy but I’ve got to thinking, I’ve been riding a bike weighing 1/3 ton with no rear brake and a below par front brake and lived to tell the tale. Lets hope no one out there ends up in a bad way because of this long standing fault
Exactly!!! Got mine back yesterday after they replaced the ABS module, front brake is a COMPLETELY different feel! It makes you wonder if Triumph just doesn't want to pay for these and make it a recall, but my front brake is amazing now. Hopefully it lasts!

Back