Recall for 2020 Rocket 3 Rear Brake

I had my rear master cylinder replaced under warranty today (after waiting almost a month for it to arrive). They (of course) bled the system and I am good to go after a 45 minute ride back home. I will ride again in a few days to make sure everything is G2G! I am not sure why dealers are giving people a hard time on a clear safety issue but mine definitely made it happen without the 21 questions. It's sad that other dealers and Triumph are not doing more to address this issue.

Poor design the air collects in the system. From water vapor or leftover assembly air and can't be released in the master cylinder which is lower than everything. It needs a bleed line from ABS module to master cylinder for venting. Or three weeks at the dealer and more flushing.

Master Cylinder was bad?, Why not open ABS module with TuneECU and then Reverse bleed yourself or bench bleed it then hook back up and bleed one last time.

I did the recall a while back the bled the rear and it doesn't feel spongy.

So I had a soft rear brake lever fixed early in the year with a bleed at the dealer, but it got soft again recently. Took it in today expecting them to say they will need to order an ABS module (what they said last time if it came back) but there is apparently a new, NEW procedure that forces the ABS module to also cycle fluid and get air out of it. The mechanic at the Triumph dealer said the new process takes probably 25-30 minutes from when you press the start button, and in his words, "you should hear the weird noises it makes".

When I rode it away, the rear brake pedal was obviously fixed, but I also noticed that the front lever was firmer as well. It wasn't like that last time, so maybe this time they have it right. Time will tell...

So I had a soft rear brake lever fixed early in the year with a bleed at the dealer, but it got soft again recently. Took it in today expecting them to say they will need to order an ABS module (what they said last time if it came back) but there is apparently a new, NEW procedure that forces the ABS module to also cycle fluid and get air out of it. The mechanic at the Triumph dealer said the new process takes probably 25-30 minutes from when you press the start button, and in his words, "you should hear the weird noises it makes".

When I rode it away, the rear brake pedal was obviously fixed, but I also noticed that the front lever was firmer as well. It wasn't like that last time, so maybe this time they have it right. Time will tell...
The last time mine was done the techs asked me if anyone had tried to bleed it before. They said it was blowing, gurgling, and spewing so much air the bike was moving around from it. What a poor design.
2020-2021 Triumph Rocket 3 Recall: Air in ABS System

Last edited:
Back