RamAir filter for Touring model ?

I see they are straight and not formed to match the throttle bodies like the OEM velocity stacks. That is most likely why the fit is not as good. Roll your OEM stacks over and you will see what I mean.

I see they are straight and not formed to match the throttle bodies like the OEM velocity stacks. That is most likely why the fit is not as good. Roll your OEM stacks over and you will see what I mean.

I noticed that too. There's a slight ridge on the throttle bodies that matches the stock plenum. Still, there seem to be several here who they worked just fine for.

Filter looked great when I got it. I saw here somewhere that someone had trouble keeping theirs attached so I slowly went clamp by clamp making sure each filter seated completely.They popped off 10 minutes into thetune. I reinstalled them and tightened the clamps a little tighter and they popped off again looking like this. The rubber is kinda flimsy on the boot section. I made sure the clamps were all the way down.

You could only do that by "not" having them seated properly then "overtightening" the clamps.
Sorry mate but it looks like a liiiitle bit of human error in that one

You could only do that by "not" having them seated properly then "overtightening" the clamps.
Sorry mate but it looks like a liiiitle bit of human error in that one
You may be right.
I went from slightly tight in the beginning to a touch tighter afterwards. They were seated as far down as they would go on the throttle bodies. Had the tank on the kickstand so I could look in and see both sides. 10 minutes they blew off but no damage. Second time tightened a little more. I've put a many a Filter on just like these (singles, mind you) and it's the first time I ever ran into this kind of problem.

Looks like the front one was seated good and it started to go out of wack toward the rear throttle body. May have to have the tank up whith these due to the limited room at the back when it down to make sure? Another lesson learnt for us all.

I don't get mad. Just go into repair mode. BTW....you guys that order these filters make sure to wipe all the oil out of the boots before installing tbem. I'm pretty sure the oil on the rubber helped this this pop off the first time. I cleaned the crap out of them this time so hopefully they will stay put.
CAM00686.jpg

I don't get mad. Just go into repair mode. BTW....you guys that order these filters make sure to wipe all the oil out of the boots before installing tbem. I'm pretty sure the oil on the rubber helped this this pop off the first time. I cleaned the crap out of them this time so hopefully they will stay put.
CAM00686.jpg
I agree with you I would clean the flanges and throttle bodies and make sure they are dry and dont tighten the clamps to tight

CAM00686.jpg
[/quote

Hope it works out well.......what other mods have you done and what do you think of the bike after it was dyno'd.

Back