reinie

.040 Over
My 2010 developed transmission trouble about two and a half weeks ago. It started out as difficulty finding neutral and kept getting worse until about two weeks ago when it started missing shifts, going into false neutrals and jumping out of gear into false neutrals. This happened either when upshifting or downshifting, and jumping out of gear when accellerating or decellerating or even at steady speed. This was happening mostly in 2nd through fourth gears and not so much in 1st or 5th gears. I took it to my dealer twelve days ago and all I know is that they've confirmed the same symptoms and have gotten with Triumph about it as it is a drivetrain problem covered under the 2 year unlimited mileage warranty. I purchased the bike on September 7th of 2010 and all the trouble came about in early August. I would think this should be covered and that I shouldn't have to bear any of the cost of getting the transmission fixed. I only use the bike for touring & cruising, no racing or burnouts or other monkey business.

It should be covered under warranty. I can't help wonder if it's the GPS (gear position sensor). Mine was replaced under a service bulletin. I *had* an '08 R3T, but dumped it because of numerous issues in the year and a half I had it.

Keep us informed!

This is VERY troubling!! I thought Triumph had ALL of the transmission issues resolved on the 08 and later models! Please keep us informed of your progress with the repair and exactly what was wrong! How many miles do you have on the bike?

And if you have, please explain for the rest of us who have not had this concern,,,,. Is this an external fix, or does the trans have to come apart?
it can be done by going through the front of the engine u have to take the radiator off and the front cover
someone with more mechenical knowledge can explain it i had mine done at the dealer

Called the Dealer Today

They said I definitley have a legitimate claim under the drivetrain warranty. I bought the bike on September 7th of 2010 and the trouble didnt happen till early August of this year. They are waiting on Triumph to get off the pot and no work has yet been done to the bike after being at the dealer for this service for thirteen days now. I had over 18,000 miles on it when the problem surfaced. Like I said, the bike hasn't had any kind of abuse and is just ridden in a normal fashion for cruising or touring. In fact I keep it in nearly immaculate condition in spite of the mileage on it.

Back