I just went online tuneecu.net, then go to tunes then triumph then rocket and pick your poison, I run nels_tune_tors_ramair_final thanks bob 20368 I’m basically 150sq right now and I’m not tuned yet, that’s d and d slip ons with taters, crossover pipe, ramair, ozrider primaries

I have acquired a cable but my laptop is a windows 7 version so do I need a new laptop? I would like to do this tune just to see the result before I strip out the exhaust. I just want make intelligent buying decisions on parts. On my Roadstar, I managed to get the rejet done properly and new pipes installed. I ought to be able to manage these Rocket mods with everyones help.

I don't know why it should not work on Windows 7. But you will need the right drivers for the cable.
Just get the map and get familiar with TuneECU before hooking it up. You can compare maps within the program and it is much easier to do that on a computer. I have it on my desktop, but use my laptop to hook up to the bike.
The map that @Claviger posted is the one I used before I put on the TORS and RamAir. I use the "Nels" one, now.
I have since got the android version on a Galaxy Tab2, but have not actually used it to remap the ECU, yet.

Android version connects faster and more consistently than windows.

Android version has a handful of things it can do windows does not include.

Back-Preasure being necessary to the proper operation of a Rocket 3 is a myth. Optimally you r exhaust will have zero back pressure.

When using on Windows 7 you may need to use the boot options to start up in Driver Signing Enforcement Disabled mode. It's in the boot options.

You are the "rocket man" but from my past experience with V-twins less restricted pipes gave slightly more top end hp but low end torque really suffered. When I increase the back pressure by installing some restriction, torque came back. With my diesel truck, it's not an issue because the thing is turbocharged.

In order to set my rig up optimally should I gut the exhaust, cat converters, and restriction box? After doing these things does the ECU automatically adjust fuel for the new air? I know that once the pulling and cutting starts, there ain't no going back. My machine is stock so I am just a bit afraid of screwing this up causing disaster.

Any mods to either the intake or the exhaust will require a re-map.
And NOT just the 12 minute tune. (who ever called this a "Tune" ?)

The ECU will require a retune with that stuff done and you'll be at 140hp/150lbft +/- a handful once tuned.

Won't get drawn into another theoretical exhaust discussion, ended badly last time. What I will say is Back-Preasure on an R3 will only ever lower your power ouput.

There are members that know more than I do who can elaborate.

The ECU will require a retune with that stuff done and you'll be at 140hp/150lbft +/- a handful once tuned.

Won't get drawn into another theoretical exhaust discussion, ended badly last time. What I will say is Back-Preasure on an R3 will only ever lower your power ouput.

There are members that know more than I do who can elaborate.
Ok. You guys know a whole lot more than me but it sounds like all this is way beyond what I can manage. Last thing I want to do is destroy the bike.

I just went online tuneecu.net, then go to tunes then triumph then rocket and pick your poison, I run nels_tune_tors_ramair_final thanks bob 20368 I’m basically 150sq right now and I’m not tuned yet, that’s d and d slip ons with taters, crossover pipe, ramair, ozrider primaries
I would like to know more about what you did and your your bike is running. Did these mods wreck your fuel economy?

I have added ramair, I added d and d slip on pipes and a crossover pipe and it has added some ponies for sure, my fuel mileage is about 30mpg, i don’t care about mileage as much as performance, with the nels tune 20368 it did well, the dyno picture is just a pull not a tune by the tuner just baseline, I have since added the oz headers and will need to get to tuner for a tune now to achieve best results, this dyno run had the stock headers on, more can be had here though with a tuner doing a tune as you can afrs are not ideal, but with a tune ecu cable and a few mods you can waken up a touring model, what are you wanting, guys on here can tell you what you will need to do to achieve what you want from 90hp stock to 300hp and beyond from a 150.00 dollar ramair to a complete build N/A or supercharger they’ve done it

Attachments

• 44AD03CC-208C-4CF2-82E0-D79361D95C03.png
    44AD03CC-208C-4CF2-82E0-D79361D95C03.png
    75 KB · Views: 18
This is the stock 20368 not the nels 20368 with mods I’ve listed and stock headers so you can see that the nels tune worked well for me with stock headers afrs were no good here either but ran good

Attachments

• 2D528FA8-2160-4F68-AF6C-05DBC616AE5C.png
    2D528FA8-2160-4F68-AF6C-05DBC616AE5C.png
    111.7 KB · Views: 14
Back