R3T brake lines vs R3R/Standard?

cr0ft

Living Legend
Ride
Triumph Rocket III Touring 2010
Anyone replaced their brake lines with stainless steel gear that's quality and will last the life of the bike? One never knows with OEM stuff, apparently. Also, now that I've started with stainless clutch and throttle cables, the ugly black brake lines bother me.

Spiegler has a kit for the R3, but the guy I asked there wasn't even aware there was a specific T model and the changes... how do the brake lines compare, length etc wise, would a kit for the R3 standard fit the R3T, or does one have to assemble it from specific components?

Might check out the micro fiche at Bike Bandit.
Also - best reason for stainless brake lines is less expansion = more positive brakes.

Thanks! Also got a really informative reply from HEL (may go with them as they're in the EU rather than US) about the lengths in their Rocket kit, just have to check the R3T ones I have against that.

R3T definitely longer, can't say how much, but I had to send a set back for reg rocket, several inches short, at least.

R3T definitely longer, can't say how much, but I had to send a set back for reg rocket, several inches short, at least.

Thanks, great to have that definitively confirmed.

Might check out the micro fiche at Bike Bandit.
Also - best reason for stainless brake lines is less expansion = more positive brakes.

Yep, and thanks for the tip. I checked at Bike bandit, they only list the part and what it's called, but there's no length data. Guess I'll have to do some measuring manually, not the easiest thing with the part still on the bike but I think I can probably get close enough.

Yep, and thanks for the tip. I checked at Bike bandit, they only list the part and what it's called, but there's no length data. Guess I'll have to do some measuring manually, not the easiest thing with the part still on the bike but I think I can probably get close enough.
Slide a piece of string alongside the cable, then measure it.

I had mine made up, fairly reasonable, as I remember, I think it was these guys. http://www.spieglerusa.com/brakes/cycle-brake-line-kits.html

Yep, Spiegler is one outfit I've been looking at, but also HEL in the UK as I said - since they're in the UK it simplifies things, ie inside the EU.

You wouldn't be able to lay your hands on the measurements for what you ordered by any chance?

Slide a piece of string alongside the cable, then measure it.

Sounds like a good idea. It snakes in behind the metal shield next to the headlight so probably have to do some disassembly.

Yep, Spiegler is one outfit I've been looking at, but also HEL in the UK as I said - since they're in the UK it simplifies things, ie inside the EU.

You wouldn't be able to lay your hands on the measurements for what you ordered by any chance?

Sounds like a good idea. It snakes in behind the metal shield next to the headlight so probably have to do some disassembly.

Mine was real custom, I don't think it would help, I have Classic bars with Rivco risers and 6 pot calipers with a different banjo location. Not even close to stock. And I did it over the phone, I had some questions, no record of it.

Back