r3 newbie with helmet "wind slapping"

Well, guys, windshields and windscreens both are still manufactured with either acrylics or polycarbonates - I have owned both - even though one material is superior in strength under most conditions to the other and the other is superior in optical quality to its competitor under virtually all conditions.;)

Well, guys, windshields and windscreens both are still manufactured with either acrylics or polycarbonates - I have owned both - even though one material is superior in strength under most conditions to the other and the other is superior in optical quality to its competitor under virtually all conditions.;)
I'm so frigging tall, the screens on my bikes have always been wind deflectors...I've never had the privilege to be able to look through a screen.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I apologize for this being off topic.

Hey Todd, I saw an add for a used R3R at Freedom Power sports in Huntsville, Al. 2011 Triumph ROCKET III 474514 | Freedom Powersports They are asking $8,387.00 and it has only 7930 miles. I am not ready to purchase an R3 just yet, but I am looking. Would you happen to know any history on this bike? Thanks, my friend. Ride safe. Tom
Hey Tgarney,
I saw that bike at Freedom a few weeks ago and sat on it while quizzing the salesman. They had just put it on the sales floor and said the sales manager was gonna buy it. Duhhh. It was a trade they took in but that is all I could get out of them at the time. Nice looking R3. ;)

Hey Todd and welcome to the forum. I am you Huntsville neighbor. I purchased a Bilt full face modular helmet at cycle gear and pretty happy with it. Just couldn't drop the coins for the Shoei. However, I finally decided on the Clearview Screen with the recurve and all my buffeting is just a memory. I'm 5' 10" so a little lower than you. I think the recurve feature is what made it for me. I couldn't even hear my engine above 50 before the Clearview but all I had was the Triumph Summer Screen. Sorry I was late to the thread buddy. Great to see you on the forum. :)
Chris

Hmmmm - Aerodynamic it isn't. I thought my frontal exposure was bad - but that's plain silly.

Open faced lid - naughty 'shrub - bad, bad Koala Kuddler. :p

I have been searching for ages - but seem to have lost the photos from @Ogre and my mate Jim of a far more streamlined screen made by National Cycle - meant for a Suzuki (one of the 109's). Jim told me NO Helmet shake and he did a cross-USA trip in all weathers.

Chris,
Your frontal exposure is indeed BAD; however, at 2 meters away it all becomes moot and no longer visible!!!
Na-Na.jpg

Seems to me that optical quality should not be a huge factor.
I'm looking over the top when riding . . .

Back