R3 LSR Record

Hombre,

I know I read where you posted the redline for your bike, but can't find it. Didn't you say you're up to 7500? The Echo site was boasting a 180 mph, but showed 6400 RPM. I'm no mechanic, but that doesn't jive to my simple mind.

Hombre,

I know I read where you posted the redline for your bike, but can't find it. Didn't you say you're up to 7500? The Echo site was boasting a 180 mph, but showed 6400 RPM. I'm no mechanic, but that doesn't jive to my simple mind.

Take it from the guy that knows... you won't do 180 MPH on a stock geared R3 by only turning 6400 RPM! ;)

The force of the air pressure at 175 lifted my CF front fender, bending longitudinally at the front tip, causing the sides to rub the front tire.

:eek::eek::eek:

I've got chills just thinking about doing speeds like that. Congrats on the 175 controlled run. Very impressive.

Take it from the guy that knows... you won't do 180 MPH on a stock geared R3 by only turning 6400 RPM! ;)

about 145 is all it wants. I am really close to the limiter at that speed. I might get a wee bit more, but not much...

What is sad is that my supercharger is just starting to wind up and gitter done.

Congrats on the run Hombre!

hombre,
Glad to see ya gettin'r'done. Congrats big time!!! Wish I was there. Wish I could do it too! Looking forward to see you get the A lisc. Keep up the good work my man. Stay safe.
wing

Incredible :eek:

Was looking at the TTS supercharger the other day advertised through ebay .
Thinking very hard about it , just worried about taking the step , and reliability .

But seeing your set up , and how far you have pushed the limits , have gone some way to easing my worrys .

Am going back through your other topics now , going to get a brain ache :)

8500rpm

Hombre,

6400 rpm is 170 mph 7500 is 200 mph 8000-213mph 8500-226 mph A little rpm goes a long way:D

Incredible :eek:

Was looking at the TTS supercharger the other day advertised through ebay .
Thinking very hard about it , just worried about taking the step , and reliability .

But seeing your set up , and how far you have pushed the limits , have gone some way to easing my worrys .

Am going back through your other topics now , going to get a brain ache :)

I've only put about 1000 miles on my TTS SC so I really cannot comment with regard to long term reliability. What I can tell you however is that it makes for one hell of a fun time on a motorcycle.

The biggest problem I have is resisting the urge to take flight. A flick of the wrist and you are thrust hard into your seat and watching the speedo climb at an alarming rate. And that's on a bike that with a 100% stock engine and exhaust. Only performance mod is the TTS SC kit.

I'm hoping for many enjoyable miles.

Back