Project Log: World, meet Scar!

I found that my own head gasket is jacked and after looking around it seems to be a common and even reocurring (on the same bike) problem for most r3s I was looking into a Cometic head gasket as well since the rubber seems not to work too well.

I know that most of your choices are interconnected. Is there any reason a cometic gasket would be a poor choice on a stock (excluding in/out) engine?

Specifically I can't tell but it seems like Cometic gaskets are only appropriate when you have sleeves in your cylinders? I've never made a modification that significant so don't know exactly what I'm looking at.

Last edited:
Mike, I think you're confusing the head gasket with the valve / cam cover gasket. Head gasket is between the block where the sleeves are and the cylinder head. Cam cover gasket is between cam/valve area to their respective cover on top of the engine.

As you mention, the cometic copper gasket is tied to the increased bore, but also, it's tied to increased durability over a MLS gasket with the boosted application.

Still doing some thought on colors and looks, but I'm think white or cream body work with a royal blue frame, swing arm, triple tree. Keeping the silver block and head, white or cream valve cover, royal blue foot peg rails and boards, silver forks, blue calipers, blue wheels, chrome like exhaust coating.

Going to try my hand at a render and see how I like it. Most of the waiting time will start once I get the motor torn down and shipped out to various places.

The heads going to get some special attention once cams and valve train are sorted, it'll be a unique variant.

I "may" go to single throttle body instead of itbs, thinking a 85+mm from an LS platform for simplicity.

I vote school bus yellow with orange, red and black graphics. Go as vulgar as possible.:laugh:

No kidding mate why all the motor excess then paint it some wanker white and blue.o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O Godzilla****in killa colors please.

Back