Progressive Suspension...

Jamie

Living Legend
... report that "they are in the process of moving location" and "are unable to get shipping quotes" (note to me dated yesterday after 2-3 weeks of... silence)

Does one of you know what's going on ? Am a bit worried, following the demise of Viking Motorcyles last month (another California-registered company:confused:), which left one of my club members short-changed for $280.-.

Thanks. Jamie

... report that "they are in the process of moving location" and "are unable to get shipping quotes" (note to me dated yesterday after 2-3 weeks of... silence)

Does one of you know what's going on ? Am a bit worried, following the demise of Viking Motorcyles last month (another California-registered company:confused:), which left one of my club members short-changed for $280.-.

Thanks. Jamie

couldn't find anything on the web, but Progressive Suspension is a much bigger company than VMC ever was.

I would take their communication at face value. I would imagine a phone call to them would be answered.

Last edited:
Jamie:

Progressive is a manufacturer or at least an assembler of components (I don't know which) but in the least not like Viking who was nothing more than a store front on the net. Come to think of it, there are literally thousands of store fronts that do nothing more than become franchisee's for manufacturers, stocking or buying their respective products and then retailing them to the public at-large. I personally know a few of that type (not me, I make the stuff). Having said that, I'm wondering if maybe Progressive got burned up in the California wildfires? I'm going to the dealers show in Indy in February so I'll see what Progressive has there, if anything. I know Rivco will have the biggest non-oem display.

I asked Progressive for a quote on a pair of 440's, incl. shipment to Switz. . That was several weeks ago. I never got any reply. Progressive's responsiveness used to be exemplary (at least to customers from countries, like Switz., where they don't have an "official" dealer) I followed up via e:mail. I eventually got the rather abrupt "we are moving/cannot quote" response I mentioned above:confused:

Jamie

No problem. They have a "free shipping" deal right now and I received them in about 3 days (I am only about 40 miles from their acutal store). I weight 220 lbs. and went with the "regular" rather than "HD" and they worked fine. I've heard the HD can be a little stiff unless your carrying a passenger or are 250+ lbs.

Back