Pre-start issues

Thanks all, looks like I will have to bite the bullet and buy the new speedo, anyone know if just the speedo unit is still available from triumph, second hand full instruments are around £500 after import tax etc

It sounds like the speedo itself as RS has seen.
Those are the symptoms - trips reset and no sweep; it is not external to the cluster and replacing it will cure, confirming is internal issue.
I've asked previously for someone to send me their failed cluster so I can at least take a look to see if I can find something (no guarantee I can of course), but no takers so far.
(not practical for you to send from UK)

The speed error is interesting however, have not seen that reported previously as an associated issue.
If you reset that error, does it come back?
It is possible it may be the input power for the sensor (which originates from the cluster) causing the problem and that would be interesting if so, since another 'power' related issue
- clocks sweep, trips and the power out to the speedo are also power rail related vs a signal issue, so pursuing something on those lines is what I would do if I can look at one.
Not sure how comfortable you are in breaking into to it or even what to look for when you get in there; so your practical solution is going to be replacement.

Your concern about possibly being key-switch related would certainly not be the cause here.
Key-Switch has its own problems, but that cannot cause the instrument issues you are seeing.

Hey @DEcosse. I'll send you mine. PM me your address. Fred

Happy to send mine to & if you get them fixed I'm happy to pay to have them back as a spare, if not no loss, one ive got a replacement set i'll let you know

Found a full set of clocks on EBAY, bloody expensive but that seems to be the norm, off to collect them on Friday.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this resolves it, for the price I hope so!

Quick update, new clocks fitted and it's all working - looks like it is the electrics in the speedo that got fried. I am happy to send my old speedo over if theres even a slight chance you might find a fix, let me know

Quick update, new clocks fitted and it's all working - looks like it is the electrics in the speedo that got fried. I am happy to send my old speedo over if theres even a slight chance you might find a fix, let me know

I'm helping a friend with this same problem. He bought my old bike. Theres another issue with it as well with the neutral switch. How hard is it to replace it? OH . . and has anyone got a Speedo they would part with?

Back