Portable Battery Starter

PULL THE SEAT!!!. I always pack one for long trips. It has worked great on my Audi when there was barely enough juice left to power the dome light.
I carry a Genius 7000J booster. It can start a 25 old diesel happily so I doubt the R3 will be an issue. Seat lifting is currently the only option - but .............................. I have a cunning plan after the UK trip. When I do long trips I USUALLY travel with a seat pack on the rear - makes lifting the seat a PITA (I KNOW). This years packing plan excludes a seat pack.

I have a mate who uses a Micro-Start - he bought it for a "round-USA" road trip on his R3.
I went for something a bit bigger. In the past folk have helped me boost a car or bike.
I want to carry summat that can return that assistance NOCO - 1000A Lithium Jump Starter - GB40 1000Amps.

Chris,
Those are sweet and me thinks perhaps better than mine.
What do you reckon about this one versus your GT40?

Very Different things - The G7200 is a battery CHARGER - not a BOOSTER (Jump Starter).
I have a G3500 charger in my garage. ;)

What a dummy I be!!!
CHARGER - not a BOOSTER, CHARGER - not a BOOSTER, CHARGER - not a BOOSTER, CHARGER - not a BOOSTER . . .
Crying.jpg

You could always buy a unit like the ones 1olbull linked. Then take the cables and remove the alligator clamps and re-terminate with ring terminals. Connect to the battery and route so that you can get to the connector and hook up the unit w/ the seat on. I would just make sure that the cables are securely mounted and WELL insulated. Nothing sucks more than a dead battery.....until you have to pull everything off the backseat (if you're carrying a seat or sissy bar bag) to get to the battery to jump it.

Back