Battery powered heated motorcycle gloves

Bike chain accident? Yikes. A local riding friend was by the other day to help me with some work on my Indian and told me of a gal he commutes with on the ferry to West Seattle, or did. She was cleaning/lubing the chain on her bike with it on the center stand, engine running and in gear. She had a shop rag wrapped around her hand, wiping the chain/ Well the rag somehow got caught in the sprocket, pulling her hand in and cutting off the fingers on her left hand. She can no longer operate the clutch so is getting one of the new bikes with the self shifting trannie. The MC commuters now call her Fingers.
Had the bike in the air and just finished adjusting the clutch. Decided to run the engine when i looked down and saw a bit to much oil on the chain. Took a rag to wipe it off and turned the back wheel by hand. Bike slipped into gear and rag and finger went for a ride around the sprocket. To this day will not run a bike while in the air. :whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling:

Bike chain accident? Yikes. A local riding friend was by the other day to help me with some work on my Indian and told me of a gal he commutes with on the ferry to West Seattle, or did. She was cleaning/lubing the chain on her bike with it on the center stand, engine running and in gear. She had a shop rag wrapped around her hand, wiping the chain/ Well the rag somehow got caught in the sprocket, pulling her hand in and cutting off the fingers on her left hand. She can no longer operate the clutch so is getting one of the new bikes with the self shifting trannie. The MC commuters now call her Fingers.

Major stupid mistake!
Worse than drawing to an inside straight.
Wonder who/where she learned this method of final drive chain maintenance?

Had the bike in the air and just finished adjusting the clutch. Decided to run the engine when i looked down and saw a bit to much oil on the chain. Took a rag to wipe it off and turned the back wheel by hand. Bike slipped into gear and rag and finger went for a ride around the sprocket. To this day will not run a bike while in the air. :whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling:

Hard way to learn. I must confess that I have run the motor on the R3 while elevated to mess with idle, bodies & TuneECU.

Back on gloves. The batteries are advertised to last 4 hours but one only lasted about one hour. I recharged both and will try again. Also, the tight gauntlets are starting to irritate me. Hmmm. My friend Cam bought the size 2XL which I will be trying on tomorrow.

Back on gloves. The batteries are advertised to last 4 hours but one only lasted about one hour. I recharged both and will try again. Also, the tight gauntlets are starting to irritate me. Hmmm. My friend Cam bought the size 2XL which I will be trying on tomorrow.

BTW - how is Cam doing?
I have a brand new, never used, pair of plug in heated gloves if you are interested?

BTW - how is Cam doing?
I have a brand new, never used, pair of plug in heated gloves if you are interested?
He's doing great Steve, putting in a lot of hours in his new job.

Thanks very much for the glove offer but I had just given my plug in Gerbings to a friend. I find the wires to be a PITA for short local rides for which I need heated gloves. Back when I was doing long haul touring in all day wet, frigid conditions I would have used them. Those days are long gone though.

The Joe Rocket gloves batteries last about three hours on medium. Never ran them on high setting. Medium works in 20 degree temps. The gloves are well insulated and the leather seems to hold the heat rather well. With a hour ride back and forth to work the gloves are great. Very comfortable but would not use them on a long ride. For daily commuting they are perfect.

The Joe Rocket gloves batteries last about three hours on medium. Never ran them on high setting. Medium works in 20 degree temps. The gloves are well insulated and the leather seems to hold the heat rather well. With a hour ride back and forth to work the gloves are great. Very comfortable but would not use them on a long ride. For daily commuting they are perfect.

Sounds like the same as with mine Sonny. I didn't know that Joe Rocket had battery heated gloves. I checked on line and see that they are about the same price as the one's I have.

So are the gauntlets tight? I stopped by one of our forum members today to try on his 2XL and to me they are not that much different than my XLs in fit but the tight gauntlet is the same issue.

I'm going to take mine to a friend who has a MC leather shop this week to see if she can open up the gauntlets a bit without cutting any wiring.

I have 2 different sets of plug into the bike heated gloves, I'm honestly surprised that people consider them troublesome and would prefer battery powered, unless you own stock in Duracell or something. I would think it would be more troublesome always having to buy batteries and remembering to bring spares along, but just my opinion.

I have 2 different sets of plug into the bike heated gloves, I'm honestly surprised that people consider them troublesome and would prefer battery powered, unless you own stock in Duracell or something. I would think it would be more troublesome always having to buy batteries and remembering to bring spares along, but just my opinion.
Admit it - you kept losing the gloves NOT on a string!
24667ce7a2c8600cb392a877b361b193--mitten-gloves-mittens.jpg

Back