Viking Battery Maintainer from Harbor Freight

BillyIndiana

Road rash heals-Freckles grow back-Ride
Ride
2015 R3T
I pulled the batteries from the bikes last weekend and placed them on the Schumacher Battery tenders I like to use. They are 1.5 amp and have performed well over the years.

Since Chris's accident his car has been sitting for over a year. I get out and drive it once a month or so, but every time I have to charge the battery and I could tell it is getting weak so I decided to get a battery tender for his car.
Wouldn't you know it. Harbor Freight has a Viking Battery Maintainer that is 4 amps and has some really nice features. With the Harbor Freight coupon it was like $30.00 US. I modified the cable to the battery so I could monitor the charger in the garage. It took about 16 hours of cycling for the unit to do it's job and go into maintenance mode.

I disconnected it and started the car up and my gosh the battery cranked over the engine like a beast. I mean I did about 6 hours on 10 amps with my charger and it barely cranked over.
Short term the Viking is a great unit. I love the fact that you can see what it is doing with the meter, although reading reviews online people do not understand the process and it is too much information for them. The instructions are crap.

Anyway, for the price this is a great unit. Harbor Freight seems to have gotten this right.

Back