Portable Battery Starter

BillyIndiana

Road rash heals-Freckles grow back-Ride
Ride
2015 R3T
So here is an interesting question. I have been thinking about getting a portable battery for jump starts if needed. Ya I am a Boy Scout.

Anyway, I have a battery Tender cable on both of my bikes and was thinking I should be able to connect to the cable and jump start without taking the seat off? I know the Battery Tender Cable has a 15 amp fuse in it so I have been searching to see if it will work.

I am not finding anything that tells me I can do this, but I am not finding anything that says I cannot?

Anyone have any thoughts?

motorcycle battery jump - Google Search

According to Battery Tender they don't reccommend that due to the potential current draw, cables may fail.

Last edited:
This Weego unit looks like it rocks. There is a cable that connects to the battery tender style connector and when hooked up it provides a trick charge to the battery.

I have no problem taking the seat off while I am on the road, but yes I do.

This Weego unit looks like it rocks. There is a cable that connects to the battery tender style connector and when hooked up it provides a trick charge to the battery.
I have no problem taking the seat off while I am on the road, but yes I do.

I have had this one for three years . . .
Today I'd go with this one:

A battery tender wire WILL NOT TAKE the amperage if you properly need to BOOST-START. It will smoke.
You can weld with the current from a boost pack. I have done so.

PULL THE SEAT!!!. I always pack one for long trips. It has worked great on my Audi when there was barely enough juice left to power the dome light.

Back